Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I know people have been able to get World of Warcraft to run on the iPad. I play a lot and would love to have it on the TouchPad!

I'm not sure if they have it run directly on the device or through some kind of remote session from their computer.

Are there others that think this would be a neat idea?
    Yea, I'd love to be able to play WoW on the TouchPad. I believe the iPad implemtations were remote session to their computers, but with special on-screen controls to optimize the WoW experience
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Oh, so it's some kind of hybrid environment. I wonder what products are out there that can be used for something like this. Obviously something already written for the iPad and ported over to webOS/TouchPad would be the best place to start.
    maybe with a gaikai or onlive touchpad client this may be possible
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    Oh, so it's some kind of hybrid environment. I wonder what products are out there that can be used for something like this. Obviously something already written for the iPad and ported over to webOS/TouchPad would be the best place to start.
    You mean as a remote desktop? There's Splashtop Remote (if it works for Touchpad).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6.    #6  
    Well its more than just a remote desktop session. They overlay the session with a d-pad and something else. I've included a screenshot.

Splashtop does not work on the TouchPad yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by capt4chris; 07/10/2011 at 04:27 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Well it looks like its a little early to be bringing up this topic. Hopefully it will be resurrected when the timing is right!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I think getting something like World of Warcraft to run natively on the TouchPad would be pretty difficult due to how CPU intensive the application is even at low settings. Bumping up the graphics takes a big toll on the GPUs as well.

You would have to run WoW in a Cloud type environment with just the UI on the TouchPad. I'm pretty sure that Blizzard would have been looking at an iPad application if it was possible, especially since the WoW subscriber rate is dropping fast now.
    that app is basically a remote desktop app. However, developer added d-pad so it makes easier for you to navigate. But i doubt you can really play wow with it though. It's fun to just use it to check your mail box or auction house. No way you can do any raid or killing any mobs. Even if you can do it, it won't be fun.
    Wow on my TouchPad, as if I am not already playing every day and too much as it is.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    How bout we settle for a remote desktop first and add the d=pad later ?? ;-) Can you tell I need me some RDP ASAP?!?!
    strykr_ac likes this.
  12.    #12  
    I definitely agree. A Remote Desktop app of any kind is desperately needed. It would go along great with the Citrix app!
    Putting wow on mobile devices will lead to a massive drop of productivity and higher unemployment rates I dont think the world,,, of Warcraft is ready for this.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    that app is basically a remote desktop app. However, developer added d-pad so it makes easier for you to navigate. But i doubt you can really play wow with it though. It's fun to just use it to check your mail box or auction house. No way you can do any raid or killing any mobs. Even if you can do it, it won't be fun.
    Check out this video of the gameplay (I think this is the best way to post videos). It definitely looks playable to me! At least for casual gameplay.

I upgraded from WoW to Rift.

I'd rather see someone clever enough to just make a general MMO vpn solution.
  16.    #16  
    Hey all, with the release of Splashtop, it's now possible to play WOW on the TouchPad! I've done it a while and it works really nice but with a few caveats. The main caveats are:

- The on screen controls don't work so well if you need to hold a button down like to move or turn. Splashtop is programmed so when you hold down, it treats it like a right-click.

- You can't do a right-click & drag.

Would it be possible to create some kind of overlay for these issues?

Incidentally, I'm able to play on network, off network. I've set my computer up for Wake On Lan where I can turn my computer back on while on network, or off network FTW!
    I'd love wow on my touchpad... I work from home and being able to actually relax and play somewhere other than where I spend most of my day would be great! I actually don't play much anymore b/c of that... It would be nice to get back!

That dpad pic idea looks cool b/c it has the right hand analog stick for looking around/etc. Just more quality time with my touchpad! :-)

~The Wife~
    double tap+hold on splashtop=hold. Not the best solution, but i imagine it will work...
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    double tap+hold on splashtop=hold. Not the best solution, but i imagine it will work...
    The double tap + hold simulates a left-click + hold. I use the right-click + hold much more.
    I'd imagine an overlay is possible. Worth the time? Probably not. Am I the only one with like a 1/2second to a second delay when using splashtop? That is, when you click on something it takes up to a second to respond on the touchpad. I couldn't imagine playing games like this. On second thought, leveling like this in World of Warcraft wouldn't be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    The double tap + hold simulates a left-click + hold. I use the right-click + hold much more.
    You can change that in options though, correct?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast