Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    i made a custom job WoW for my touchpad, clip on youtube here.

im using Soruk's TigerVNC tho, splashtop is noticably faster, i just havent remade the vid using that, for controls i opted to use.

Touch-It Virtual Keyboard. Screenshots

Touch-it virtual keyboard for Windows, also using a few Gesture programs for windows to popup/dismiss the touch-it keyboard, basically i used the Designer app for Touch-IT and made my own movement/macro keys and positioned them inside a bordered WoW i made using the SunnArt mod for WoW to add 4 borders, 1 of which houses my controls, the others store my unit frames and some bartender buttons biggorized for ease of press for touchpad.

still tweaking away, perfecting a touch view of use and ill redo my vid with splashtop usage, it is much faster.
    i tried doing that yesterday with LoL using splash desktop but it said the touchpad or w/e doesnt support that kind of file. So im guessing for WoW would be the same unless someone can fix it
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    I'd imagine an overlay is possible. Worth the time? Probably not. Am I the only one with like a 1/2second to a second delay when using splashtop? That is, when you click on something it takes up to a second to respond on the touchpad. I couldn't imagine playing games like this. On second thought, leveling like this in World of Warcraft wouldn't be so bad.

You can change that in options though, correct?
    Yes there is a delay...not sure what is causing it, but I can confirm as everyone else that SplashTop needs some polish control wise! Overlay options would be great or at least interfacing (onscreen controls) as provided in on other SplashTop versions (iPad has extra triple tap control options). Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Yes there is a delay...not sure what is causing it, but I can confirm as everyone else that SplashTop needs some polish control wise! Overlay options would be great or at least interfacing (onscreen controls) as provided in on other SplashTop versions (iPad has extra triple tap control options). Sorli...
    Yes this version of Splashtop doesn't seem as responsive, not exactly sure what the problem is either but perhaps future updates will help.
    Now I can lie and bed and level, without having a laptop on top of me?

Yes... I shall get 78 -> 85 even faster

On a unrelated note, I think I have developed insomnia.
    Ummm… definitely going to try this with Diablo II. Even if I happened to uninstall it from my computer 2 weeks ago.
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    Regarding the right clicking being hard... I thought of something just now..

Start Splashtop
    Remote login to your computer
    Go to Control Panel > Mouse Properties
    Change the button configuration to 'Left-Handed'

This will allow your single tap as Right Click and your hold tap as Left Click (switched around)

Thought I share this.. as this will allow me to play some League of Legends (atleast be able to capture points in Dominion faster) .. I guess now a bluetooth keyboard will come in handy lol

(Side-Question; Can I use splashtop to connect to my computer while im on another network? like my friends house etc.. just got the app yesterday so didn't try it yet)
    WOW on the Touchpad? Wow you guys are all sick LOL

More power to you all
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    You can wait for Android. On Android/IOs, you can hook up a mouse and keybaord, from there, you remote desktop with an app like Splashtop and can play from your desktop at 30fps.
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
    Ummm… definitely going to try this with Diablo II. Even if I happened to uninstall it from my computer 2 weeks ago.
    thats a lot of rapid finger stabbing the screen action there, watch you dont stab a hole through the screen 1 day

ive already found myself being a ******, in the days of old many people like me without realising would try to bend their joysticks farther than was safe thinking MORE PRESSURE = turn faster on say a car game, i found myself doing the same on asphalt6, pressing teh screen reaaaaal hard to *cough* try and turn better.

i can see some games being the final blow for my poor touchpads screen 1 day, diablo2 would deffo be 1 of those screen anhialators
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    ... i found myself doing the same on asphalt6, pressing teh screen reaaaaal hard to *cough* try and turn better.

i can see some games being the final blow for my poor touchpads screen 1 day, diablo2 would deffo be 1 of those screen anhialators

hehe I use the good ol accelerometer thingy (tilt) for steering and must admit I got real good at it with Asphalt 6 on my TP! though my 6 year old says he's better :-)
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    need new star wars MMO to play on touchpad
  13.    #33  
    I haven't been able to try some of the ideas mentioned here, but I just got finished playing some WOW while on my lunch break @ Sam's Club!

I did a Speedtest.net and was right @ 2 Mbps. I would say that rate or higher is acceptable for simple tasks based on how the controls work right now. :-D

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    anyone know if there is a way to tweak splashtop's control delay/repetition etc?

I tried playing some games with my BT keyboard but when I hold a key down it sends a series of rapid keypresses to the PC instead of a solid keypress, and it sends wway more keypresses than it sould. If I try to walk forward in a game, I hold W for maybe 5 seconds it will walk for 10+ seconds forward (stuttering forward anyway) and not register any more controls until it finishes
  15.    #35  
    Adding options to how Splashtop works will probably have to be done by them.

I just open tickets on their support page as I think of them.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by HorseRadishFarm View Post
    need new star wars MMO to play on touchpad
    I have it, it won't work, I tried.

For some reason when it goes to connect to the server, it disconnects splashtop. It actually tells me another version of splashtop connected (or something along those lines). Must be the type of connection Bioware is using for the servers.

I'll play with it some more today, but it's not looking good at this point.

edit: btw, I'm willing to bend the NDA just enough to tell you that yes... it's the best game I've ever played in my life.

edit2: Just played with it on my lunch break, this time it worked! Just need a bluetooth keyboard, and it's SWTOR all day, err day for me.
    Last edited by 9KRacing; 10/13/2011 at 01:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I installed Splashtop on my PC, started WoW running and then used my TP to remote connect. I wasn't trying to play WoW but just see how Splashtop worked.

The problem I ran into (and this may be a Splashtop problem) is every time I opened up chat in WoW and started to type "/who " hitting the spacebar after the 'o', my WoW would minimize (I run wow in a window). Deleting Splashtop from my PC and rebooting fixed the problem.

Any ideas? Maybe I should post this in the Splashtop thread.
    sorry for the ignorance, just got the app and fallen earth was running very well but how do i pull up those arrow keys?
    For arrow keys I recommend that touch-it keyboard program or a BT keyboard

I did some experimenting and sadly, this runs much, much better on android

Hastily thrown together video using my $10 chinese bluetooth keyboard that's a piece of crap, but you can see it's actually pretty responsive and runs great.

I dunno if its the kernel I use in webos, but it doesn't run nearly that well unless I run it under android
    When I use splashtop to access my computer and start WoW, the screen constantly has a pronounced flashing in and out. Characters appear and disappear in precise intervals of about a 1/2 second.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12