Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anthony81586
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI...a nice review of HP Pivot. Please see the link.

Take care,

Jay

Review: HP Pivot on TouchPad
    Friday, July 8, 2011 at 9:19AM

By Gadjo Cardenas Sevilla

http://www.canadianreviewer.com/cr/2...n-touchpad.htm

One of the more interesting components of the HP TouchPad is an app-specific tablet-zine that helps users learn more about available applications and also gives an insight on the developer community. Accessible through the TouchPad's HP Touch Catalog, Pivot is a novel way to promote the new ecosystem.

The first thing that came to our mind when we checked out Pivot was the refreshing magazine-style layout. Pivot takes a lot of design clues from popular magazines like Wired, The New Yorker, Esquire, Vanity Fair and various in-flight magazines

Designed to complement the HP webOS App Catalog, Pivot will showcase a broad range of applications – and the developers who create them – by providing customers the freedom to explore based on their interests and lifestyles. So, as you read the features, there are actual links to featured apps that we feel differentiate it from the usual app store layout, rating and review set-up.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    pivot seriously rocks...if i were a developer I would be all over WebOS. I mean when I read through the catalog I ended up downloading 90% of the apps. It was just a very cool way to feel more comfortable with an app before jumping into it. I hope it grows.
    ilovedessert likes this.