1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

take care,

Jay

Who needs iTunes? HP TouchPad has HP Play
    By Kevin C. Tofel Jul. 8, 2011, 2:00pm PT

Who needs iTunes? HP TouchPad has HP Play — Mobile Technology News

HP hasnít introduced the rumored music store and streaming service for its line of webOS devices, but it does have an application that currently syncs music to the HP TouchPad tablet and Veer smartphone. A beta version of HP Play is available for both Windows and OS X computers, and while itís an early edition of the software, it worked well enough for me to get some tunes on the Beats Audio-powered TouchPad. And unlike early webOS media sync cat-and-mouse games, HP Play doesnít try to fake out iTunes; instead, HP Play is built on the open-source Songbird software.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2. Redneck
    Does not work well At ALL. waste of time. I only get a partial down load of my itunes to the touchpad. I have over 1800 songs on itunes and only get 93 on the touchpad.. Even the transfer from itunes to the HP program was not complete on the computer.
    double twist works for transferring my itunes stuff to TP.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    HP Play worked great for me, on both my TouchPad, and on my Pre2. I got all my music and playlists.
    works fine here, but iTunes is actually a better organizational device probably, it also has the Genius functionality that works pretty well.. And Amazon's music downloader automatically adds everything to the iTunes playlist .. Which is where I tend to get my new music from. So, yeah, it'd be nice if either (a) Amazon supported HP Play Or (b) HP Play would scan iTunes for changes since it's last import from itunes and import the updates.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdmc View Post
    HP Play worked great for me, on both my TouchPad, and on my Pre2. I got all my music and playlists.

Same here, HP Play recognized all my music and playlists.

Transferring was a snap.

Now, it didn't import most album art which was disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    Does not work well At ALL. waste of time. I only get a partial down load of my itunes to the touchpad. I have over 1800 songs on itunes and only get 93 on the touchpad.. Even the transfer from itunes to the HP program was not complete on the computer.
    Thank you for bumping the thread - I didn't know that this existed. It's not perfect - but then again - what it - transferring tracks now.

Now, I'll nominate this question as possibly the stupidest ever - but - here goes: How do you dismount (or unmount) the TP when you're done?

TIA!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    Same here, HP Play recognized all my music and playlists.

Transferring was a snap.

Now, it didn't import most album art which was disappointing.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...unes-only.html
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by DILands View Post
    How do you dismount (or unmount) the TP when you're done?
    In the Windows taskbar, you should see an icon that looks like a removable disk, with a small checkmark next to it. Right-click and select 'Eject WebOS device' or something similar.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06