1. SCM
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I use MS Exchange/Outlook at work. I would like to have separate calendars for:
    1. Work
    2. Home stuff
    3. View employee's time off kept on an open access Exchange calendar

How would TouchPad show this? Does it:
    1. Combine all of these into one view
    2. All each to be viewed separately or together
    3. Only allow access to one of them since they would all be Exchange

Trying to understand before I make a purchase for both myself and my wife...
    You didn't say what you use for "Home Stuff", but here's my recommendation (this is assuming your University allows devices to connect to the Exchange system remotely - EG Can you run Outlook on your home computer, and connect to the system - can you connect to the system via VPN from your home computer?)

Set up a Google account, and create the "Home Stuff" calendars there. Doing this, you'd see a combined view of your Home Stuff, your Work Schedule, and I think the schedules of the employee's time off kept in Exchange (I've not done that).

Yes, they can be turned off, but it's not a "secure" switch. In other words, you simply check a box, and the view goes away. No additional password required to add it back. The only way to remove it from the Calendar view that would require a password to get it back is to remove the account and add it back when you want to view it again. That would be a pain.
  3. SCM
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Yes, I can access Exchange from anywhere via my phone and there is a VPN client for home access to the desktop.

The "Home Stuff" is just a calendar where we can put personal events not work related.

I have seen in the WebOS email client that you can easily switch between viewing Google email, Exchange email, and other email. I think I understand from your reply that the calendar does not switch between views that easily. Synergy will combine calendar data from each account into one view, but I cannot separate them back out quickly or easily. Is that correct?
    In the calendar app, you have checkboxes on top for each calendar. You can show or hide each calendar with just one tap.
    So it is very similar to the email app.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM View Post
    Yes, I can access Exchange from anywhere via my phone and there is a VPN client for home access to the desktop.

The "Home Stuff" is just a calendar where we can put personal events not work related.

I have seen in the WebOS email client that you can easily switch between viewing Google email, Exchange email, and other email. I think I understand from your reply that the calendar does not switch between views that easily. Synergy will combine calendar data from each account into one view, but I cannot separate them back out quickly or easily. Is that correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    In the calendar app, you have checkboxes on top for each calendar. You can show or hide each calendar with just one tap.
    So it is very similar to the email app.
    What he said on the calendar. The different calendars are easy to hid, just not easy to restrict.

As far as the VPN, the device may or may not work for you. It doesn't for my office, but thats because they require that the device have full encryption. My recommendation is that if you don't get any NO answers on your requirements, and a bunch of "maybes", buy from some place with a 30 day return policy, and get the answers first hand.
    If they are separate calendar you will be able to toggle what you want to view just like I do with my many google calendars. I only have one google account but I have 8 calendars for that account, work, personal, bills,...

Just like the above poster said I recommend giving it a 30 day or so try. I am sure you won't regret it.