Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Looking for a password manager with these requirements:

- Runs on webOS 2.1 at Pre2 screen size
    - Runs on webOS 3.0 at TouchPad screen size
    - Changes can be made on either device
    - Changes sync both ways automatically
    - I can accept a propagation delay up to one day
    - I reiterate "automatically"; can not require me sending emails back and forth
    - Data cannot live only in the could as it will sometimes be required when the phone is out of cell coverage; the devices must have their own copies
    - If there is a 'master copy' in the could, it must be encrypted
    - If I have to run a component on my home computer, it must run on Linux

Is this a mythical beast?
    Secustore is close. Not sure if there is a better option out there (for me, the desktop component was vital, since I hate entering lots of data on the phone).

The phone version can sync with a component on a Mac/PC, though deleting items confuses it. You can also send encrypted backups to/from email, though that is a pain because copy/paste from email is hard to do with large emails (no select all, and now scroll bars). And homebrew save/restore works too.

The latest Secustore for the Touchpad doesn't yet have desktop syncing (hopefully that is coming soon, or I wasted $10). But you can still use the earlier, non HD version.

I miss Password Plus... but I do think Secustore could surpass it soon, once the syncing is finished.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Actually, the desktop peice may be a jar, so Linux may work.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I'm pushing the AgileBits team at the moment to work on their 1Password product for WebOS. I can only assume though this would be a reader to start with and would require network connectivity (unless they cache the files). Also Linux support is only via 1PasswordAnywhere which I believe is a reader only as it works via your web browser - you'd need Mac or Windows to add to it.

Regards,
    Shane.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Sounds like there's nothing yet which meets my requirements. Bummer.
    Linux desktop client is really the requirement that is difficult to meet. As said above, SecuStore desktop might work for you since it is written in Java & is distributed as a .jar. Right now, SecuStore is the only option that MIGHT work under Linux - everything else is currently Windows / Mac. Go to SecuStore - password manager for webOS and download the desktop client & see if it works. The desktop client is free.

Right now, all the pieces for SecuStore are not complete but are in active development. SecuStore 1 runs on phones & syncs to the desktop over WiFi. SecuStore 2 runs on the Touchpad in full-screen. The desktop sync for SecuStore 2 is not complete yet. When completed, all devices can sync to the desktop over WiFi. The desktop holds the "master" list that is bi-directionally synced to devices. Nothing is stored in the cloud. Device to device syncing is not an option.

To see SecuStore's implementation of encryption, go to SecuStore - password manager for webOS
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I sent email to SecuStore a couple of days ago, asking whether it might work since it's Java, but haven't seen any reply.

Anyway ... I'm running Ubuntu 11.04. I downloaded SecuStore Desktop v0.0.5. Per the README, I had to manually copy two jar files for encryption to a system directory - the program couldn't do it itself because it wasn't running as root.

java -jar SecuStore.jar

Started up. There were no templates - is it supposed to come with any defaults? I created a Set, but without templates it wouldn't let me create a new item.

The Import/From CSV... option appears to be disabled. That's the path I would expect to take to convert SplashID data.

I agree, it MIGHT work.
    LastPass might work for you. It definitely won't do full screen on the TP, though. But it should do everything else you require.