Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By singhsongs
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone had any luck running playon from playon.com on their TouchPad?

Every time I try to load it I get an error stating "Cannot load MIME type" and am forced to cancel.

If anyone has had any luck, please let me know. I would like to watch netflix.

Thanks!
    Works Fine here. Have you checked to make sure that flash is enabled? There's also an apparent issue with silverlight on some W7 64bit pc's. I had to install on a 32bit Vista box to make netflix work correctly.
    oops. Just reread your question- try m.playon.tv
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    hey Kay what kind of error were you getting on win 7 64? I can't get netflix to work thru playon with mine.
    I've heard of PlayOn but thought it was mostly for mobiles. If Netflix is accessible via a PC, why you need PlayOn then?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I've heard of PlayOn but thought it was mostly for mobiles. If Netflix is accessible via a PC, why you need PlayOn then?
    PlayOn running on a PC lets you watch Netflix on the TouchPad, plus hundreds of other content providers.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Nice, I got PlayOn running in no time. Plays great on the TouchPad and my Evo 4G.

For some reason it didn't recognize my UPnP router, but forwardind the port did the trick. Also, it just won't recognize my Netflix password...

Oh, and now I'm finally able to watch Hulu, ans it looks great! I have to seriously consider its cost, but it's so convenient!

Any idea if there are licensing restrictions on how many machines it can be streaming to? We could have around 5 devices connected at any one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Because Netflix may be accessible through a computer, but it isn't through a tablet (without a Netflix app). PlayOn gives you that access along with Hulu and a ton of other sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    hey Kay what kind of error were you getting on win 7 64? I can't get netflix to work thru playon with mine.
    It's a Silverlight drm issue, I believe. I was never able to get it to work right so I just installed it on another computer. It's possible that you have to install Silverlight from IE 64bit rather than chrome or firefox. I haven't fully investigated it.

EDIT: Found it! If the issues you're having are the silverlight drm error

Go to C:\users\all users\microsoft\playready and find the file mspr.hds. rename it to mspr.hds.old and silverlight will create new file. (save the old one in case you have other rights in the file.)
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 07/08/2011 at 03:28 AM.
    will this work when I travel or do I always have to run it in my home network...where playing is loaded on my pc??? Thx
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I use PlayOn for my Android device! Sadly no subtitle support for Netflix. I ordered a TouchPad so let us hope it works great on that too
    Is Playon now a paid software?!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Paid subscription. $39.00 per year, I think.
    if your using playon the veeHD add-on is great, tons of movies
    PlayOn Scripts :: Error :: PlayOn Scripts and PlayOn Plugins
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    how exactly do you get this working... i go to m.playon.tv on the touchpad and i see the content but there is no play button
    downloaded playon on pc and put in my netflix info I also added a few folders from my pc that contain AVI files to try to play them. Hulu works fine. Netflix gave me error saying download silverlight on pc. Checked on pc but netflix works on there. Also how do I access other files from my pc via playon.
    Don't know what changed but did add veehd, fabulous. Then restarted playon on tab and now netflix and the beta for what's on my pc both work and play beautifully. I'm beyond chuffed. Watched five full length films smoothly without running out of battery. Of course, now my 7 year old has taken over my touchpad. This ability makes the touchpad priceless.
    I had to remove play on and uninstall and reinstall MS Silverlight 4.0 and then I re-downloaded play on and it worked like a charm! I tried doing the add on mentioned above and all I got was tons of spyware/adware. I might have done something wrong along the way. I also was able to set up port forwarding by using this link: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ng-playon.html

I have a prepaid virgin mobile mifi that I take on the road with me when I travel I was able to set this up and watch movies wherever I go without a hitch.

I am not a big computer person at all and I was able to do this pretty easily.
    erykah likes this.