Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By GodShapedHole
  • 1 Post By C_McGuire
  • 2 Post By C_McGuire
  1.    #1  
    So with all the demos of this thing, when is it actually going to be available in the app catalog? Armageddon Squadron 1 is available, but not 2.

You know, before launch, it seems they talked the most about kindle and Armageddon Squadron 2, and now the touchpad is out and neither app is available.

Kinda lame... Am I missing something?
    if you say something enough times, it has to be true, right? I think this is HP's thought. Don't think they really care if these and other apps/functionality discussed since Feb 9th are available. Remember - nothing will get launched that isn't "perfect" so I don't see what your issue is. ;-)

seriously, I agree 100%. Really disappointing.
    Last edited by Midway99; 07/08/2011 at 12:01 AM.
    Disappointment is what happens when you expect someone to meet mutually exclusive expectations.

One one hand, people were clamoring for the TouchPad to be released YESTERDAY, and time for making it perfect be damned because we need it NOW.

On the other hand, HP needs time to make it perfect - time people weren't giving them.

So they released the TouchPad at 90 percent as a compromise... and now everybody complains.
    LinT likes this.
    Disagree.

I knew it wouldn't be perfect and didn't expect perfect. What I did expect are those things that were said to be hear at launch, that's all. This game was at some working level in Feb, Kindle was said to be a day one app, Netflix was mentioned until late May/June when they started backing off that one, QuickOffice with editing was said to be day one ready. At this stage, they could have launched this thing Feb 10th, sold a ton of them and just send OTA every week or something.

As an early adapter I know I take risks on a new product and overall I am very happy with this device. I know I am really buying a Beta solution and I'm willing to work through that.

Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Disappointment is what happens when you expect someone to meet mutually exclusive expectations.

One one hand, people were clamoring for the TouchPad to be released YESTERDAY, and time for making it perfect be damned because we need it NOW.

On the other hand, HP needs time to make it perfect - time people weren't giving them.

So they released the TouchPad at 90 percent as a compromise... and now everybody complains.
    What are you talking about? Kindle was a day 1 app.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Last I checked, an icon in your launcher that is just a placeholder to notify you when Kindle is actually available...doesn't count as an app.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Serious?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    Serious?
    Did I miss some sarcasm? God I hope so...
    Midway99 and sledge007 like this.
    Do we have any news for armageddon squadron 2? :/