Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By grappler
  1.    #1  
    I don't know if the developer AgileBits will develop this or not (add your vote here) but I am about to try their 1PasswordAnywhere feature by copying my keychain folder over to my box.net account, then accessing the 1Password.html file from there.

If that works, perhaps someone in the dev community could whip up a WebOS front-end app to render this html file as an app?

If that's possible, supporting access to it via Dropbox (1Password's cloud storage option) so the keychain doesn't need to be copied would be great.

Thanks,
    Shane.
    Did it work?
  3.    #3  
    Damn.

Unfortunately box.net doesn't work as a file system, so the html file when loaded can't see the other files required.

It's going to require a WebOS developer to use the Dropbox API to access the files - the html has a very polished UI already so not much work on UI required.

As WebOS is as far as I am aware a big web browser, I hope someone will pick this up to develop. Preferably for free

Shane.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanelord View Post
    Damn.

Unfortunately box.net doesn't work as a file system, so the html file when loaded can't see the other files required.

It's going to require a WebOS developer to use the Dropbox API to access the files - the html has a very polished UI already so not much work on UI required.

As WebOS is as far as I am aware a big web browser, I hope someone will pick this up to develop. Preferably for free

Shane.
    So all you want is to package the html and associated files in an app?

Just send me a zip with them and I will make an ipk file for you.

dbased.xnl@gmail.com
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbased View Post
    So all you want is to package the html and associated files in an app?

Just send me a zip with them and I will make an ipk file for you.

dbased.xnl@gmail.com
    Sorry no - thanks for the offer but it needs a little more than that. It needs to be able to access the folder on a Dropbox account so the HTML file can decrypt the keychain file.

Whoever puts together an app could use the HTML as the front end, but will need to put a Dropbox layer behind it to serve up the files.

Seems the AgileBits team are interested, just need to show them how much we want it (and they need to find the time). See the post here:

New Product Request: 1Password for webOS - AgileBits Forums

Regards,
    Shane.
    1Password Anywhere works fine on the TP from Dropbox *if* you access it via via a browser rather than an open command in Gemini, Dropboxify, or whatever. Haven't tried it from Box.net. Not as nice as a real 1P client, but it works. I suspect if you hit Box.net the same way, i.e. go to Box.net | Online file sharing, content management, collaboration in a browser and touch your way through the directories until you find your html file, it should work, but you might as well use Dropbox, because 1P is set up to work with that by default.

HOWEVER: 1Password Anywhere does NOT work with the Veer using the same method, for reasons I can't yet fathom . . . Again, it's fine on TP.
    theprawn likes this.
    Thanks for the tip, that works for me