Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IGNTNUNLMTD
  1.    #1  
    Hi

since the first of July our first Touchpad application is in the AppCatalog.

Just Draw

Like the name suggest it is a -so far- simple drawing application, but we are adding more features soon.

Have fun trying it out and let us know if you have any feature requests.

the VolatileNuances Team

PS: Since the Touchpad is not yet available in Germany we can not see the ratings and comments in the AppCatalog - so if one of you would be so kind to post a screenshot in this thread ....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Hi VolatileNuances,

Thanks for posting here. I have your app on my touchpad. I feel it needs a few more basic features for a drawing program (like an eraser) and it seems a little slow to render... lines appear a second or so after drawing. Instant or near instant would make it much more useful for serious drawing.

I'm sure you are working on many improvements and I'm glad to see there is a drawing program in the works. Seems natural for a tablet.
    WebOS Devices: Palm Pre-, HP Touchpad
    Android: HTC G1, HTC Evo 4G
  3.    #3  
    Hi rkarolak,

thanks for the fast reply.
    We already implemented the eraser, but because of a bug in Enyo it's not in the App now. I hope the rendering leak we can fix in one of the next versions.

Btw. could you make that screenshot of the review section in the AppCatalog and post it here or send it to support@volatilenuances.com? That would be a great help.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Sure. I sent you a few screenshots of the current reviews. They average around 3.5 right now.
    WebOS Devices: Palm Pre-, HP Touchpad
    Android: HTC G1, HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I wish there was a way to pick a shade of grey or also be able to move my finger around to find the color i want on the color wheel, instead of just keep tapping until I get it right.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    I enjoy this app, but also have experiences a few issues:
    1. As reported, the app is very slow to respond at times.
    2. If you "save" the image but did not change the background from the white, it actually saves the pic with a black background
    3. It would be great to set a default background color. Due to issue #2, I keep needing to change the background every time I select NEW
    4. Any chance that you can load up an existing pic to draw on top of?
    5. The app works in landscape just fine, but rotating to (or starting in portrait causes a section on the bottom of the screen to be grayed out and you can't draw over it

otherwise, this is a fun app, and of course its great that its free!! Thnx a lot

adam
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLipson View Post
    I wish there was a way to pick a shade of grey or also be able to move my finger around to find the color i want on the color wheel, instead of just keep tapping until I get it right.
    Hi DanLipson, all your wishes are heard and understood - we will integrate them in one of the next updates.

Greetings

VolatileNuances
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I enjoy this app, but also have experiences a few issues:
    1. As reported, the app is very slow to respond at times.
    2. If you "save" the image but did not change the background from the white, it actually saves the pic with a black background
    3. It would be great to set a default background color. Due to issue #2, I keep needing to change the background every time I select NEW
    4. Any chance that you can load up an existing pic to draw on top of?
    5. The app works in landscape just fine, but rotating to (or starting in portrait causes a section on the bottom of the screen to be grayed out and you can't draw over it

otherwise, this is a fun app, and of course its great that its free!! Thnx a lot

adam
    Hi Adam,

thanks for the post - I'll respond by number:
    1. we fixed the lag in version 1.1 which is in the Catalog at the moment
    2. this bug was fixed in 1.1 as well
    3. we are considering this
    4. version 1.2 (at the moment for review at HP) will have this feature
    5. we are thinking about a solution to this - for the moment you could start the app in landscape mode and turn on the rotation lock

greetings

the VolatileNuances team
    Last edited by VolatileNuances; 07/27/2011 at 06:31 PM.
    http://twitpic.com/5wuo7k

I drew a Lancia Stratos.
    VolatileNuances likes this.
    its nice to see another active developer. I'll probably buy this app as soon as the 1.2 update comes.

edit: I missed the fact that it is free! Trying it out now!

PS I find it pretty silly that the only way for a developer to see app reviews is in the app catalog on the device. Is this truly the case?

mini-review: I think its off the a great start. Its really responsive and thats important. Also the included features work very well.

I recommend using the toolbar more effectively. I think users would appreciate having a set of standard colors to choose from along with the color wheel you provided. It would also be nice if it remembered the most recently used colors so users could easily use them again. Perhaps you should include other utensil types. The spray paint and paint bucket from MS paint come to mind.

keep up the good work. I could easily see this being on of the most downloaded touchpad apps.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 07/27/2011 at 07:15 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    its nice to see another active developer. I'll probably buy this app as soon as the 1.2 update comes.

edit: I missed the fact that it is free! Trying it out now!

PS I find it pretty silly that the only way for a developer to see app reviews is in the app catalog on the device. Is this truly the case?

mini-review: I think its off the a great start. Its really responsive and thats important. Also the included features work very well.

I recommend using the toolbar more effectively. I think users would appreciate having a set of standard colors to choose from along with the color wheel you provided. It would also be nice if it remembered the most recently used colors so users could easily use them again. Perhaps you should include other utensil types. The spray paint and paint bucket from MS paint come to mind.

keep up the good work. I could easily see this being on of the most downloaded touchpad apps.
    Hi,

thanks for the kind review.
    That you can't see reviews online is really a pity but first I'm sure HP is working on a solution and second it is recommended to every developer to own a device he is developing for anyway (We are having ours now too)

At the moment we are working on a new version - color history is on our list and other brush types too.

the VolatileNuances team
    its a great little app actually, got it right away when it was released and was about to delete it with the amount of lag I was getting but saw the update and that made all the difference. Its very basic but in all honesty I've never been great at finger painting anyways so mucking about in it every once in a while is fun.

Features that I would like to see are simply a color wheel (as stated) and a scrollable page, been trying to do some math and due to my inaccuracy with my fingers I run out of space very quickly. And if I could instead of playing with the bar for the size of the brush just click where the number is and type the number I want.

Great app, look forward to seeing where this goes.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
  13.    #13  
    Hello Touchpad fans,

since today the new - and of course better - version of Just Draw is available in the App Catalog.
    Beside some bugfixes this version has the feature to draw on images.
    So take your last holiday photo, add some nice personal words and send it per email as a unique post card.
    Or make a screenshot of your favorite website (remember: press home and power button at the same time) load the pic in Just Draw and add some personal notes.
    If you still can't imagine how awesome this is, see my attachments to get an idea.

Have fun and stay creative

your VolatileNuances Team

PS: send us your most fantastic drawings - we'd like to start a gallery on our website
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hi,
    is it possible to add the possiblity to use layers? Even if it was only with two layers, it would be great.

Thank you
    Mattia