Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello!
    Are there plans to quickly adapt Evernote on the TouchPad?
    Thanks
    Evernote needs to be on the TouchPad... Last Friday.
    There a lot of stuff needed to be there last Friday

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    hk - "patience is a virtue which few men possess"

I have no idea of the size of the Evernote shop - they could very well be scrambling to deal with enhancements and bug fixes on the several clients they currently support.

But Evernote is really an awesome app and concept, and TouchPad would be a great platform for them to develop to. I hope they see some value in the marketplace for a webOS 3.0 version.
    I need evernote too.. I use it a lot between my PC's and phone. Evernote on the touchpad would rock!
    I am going to voice my +1 for needing Evernote. It is the one app that I can count on to be on all platforms.

Regards
    graylion
    Might be worth considering an alternative like TapNote and a Dropbox account.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I am not encouraged by what I've read last on Evernote's forum(s) - not much better than a "wait and see how well webOS does" ... although I can't say I blame them.

Before the TouchPad, it was a nice phone (app), iPad (app), browser (PC/Linux) environment .. but on the TouchPad it's not very usable in the browser.

It's ok, until you have more than 1 page of notes and try to scroll to get to the text just off the bottom of the page... up/down/right/left cursor keys would have been nice on the virtual keyboard, as if.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Just sent a customer contact requesting support for the TP. Certainly can't hurt.
    Wozza666 likes this.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Might be worth considering an alternative like TapNote and a Dropbox account.
    Does TapNote exist outside the webOS sphere? I'd never heard of it before.

Quote Originally Posted by karsten614 View Post
    I am not encouraged by what I've read last on Evernote's forum(s) - not much better than a "wait and see how well webOS does" ... although I can't say I blame them.
    Evernote is one of those apps I consider so critical that I could see HP paying Evernote to build the app (or doing it in house, like Facebook). Evernote is the ubiquitous note-taking app that everyone I know who is mobile uses.
    Dont forget the website which I find rather usable.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  12.    #12  
    Seeing nothing come from the side of Evernote and in need of a daily "report card", I turned to Simplenote. And I am very happy.
    Simplenote so I use on my PC, I use pondNotes on the TouchPad and Noted! on my Veer. Everything syncs perfectly and my notes are sorted by tag.
    Moreover, I find pondNotes very well integrated in webOS and fun to use with the TouchPad
    yellowhammer likes this.
    I use Evernote all the time too. I have been able to use it on the TouchPad using the original Pre app and the mobile site. The full site does not render properly and Evernote support is aware of issue (says its a bug that they now have on the list to repair).

Also spoke to some Evernote reps at a conference a few weeks ago and they stated that they are still working on webOS. They couldn't tell me more than that. Hoping for a full TouchPad app soon though.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    Does TapNote exist outside the webOS sphere? I'd never heard of it before.
    No, TapNote is exclusive to WebOS. However, synching plain text documents with Dropbox is a fairly common practice for note apps on other platforms (nicest examples outside of TapNote that I've used are on iOS and Mac OS X), so access to your notes should be pretty ubiquitous regardless of device.

If being able to save images, URLs, and the other non-text items that Evernote handles is important to you, though, TapNote will be less good of a fit.
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Have you used the new Evernote web app yet? It almost looks like an enyo app....how great would it be to have it 'pane-enabled'? Left pane for Notebooks, middle pane for notes, right pane for note content.

Please HP/Evernote....make this happen!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toddpart View Post
    Have you used the new Evernote web app yet? It almost looks like an enyo app....how great would it be to have it 'pane-enabled'? Left pane for Notebooks, middle pane for notes, right pane for note content.

Please HP/Evernote....make this happen!
    I've used Evernote on the web with my TP. Having a problem with files - tried to download a pdf from my Evernote web, and while it looked like it started the download, I couldn't find any trace of the file on my TouchPad.

Anyone else run into this?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    When I bring up my Evernote web account using the TouchPad browser, all I get is the note pane on the left. The middle pane that displays the notes and the right pane that shows the content of a note are both empty.

Can't get it to show the list view for the center pane. Doesn't respond when toggling. Can't comment much further than that since I can't really do anything with Evernote.

FWIW, the TouchPad browser isn't too impressive. Botches too many web sites (images, frames, etc.). I may try running the same tests on my Pre 2 to see if it can handle the same web sites. Hmmmm
    All 3 panes came up fine on my TP. Input worked fine, saved as usual. Had access to everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy P. View Post
    Seeing nothing come from the side of Evernote and in need of a daily "report card", I turned to Simplenote. And I am very happy.
    Simplenote so I use on my PC, I use pondNotes on the TouchPad and Noted! on my Veer. Everything syncs perfectly and my notes are sorted by tag.
    Moreover, I find pondNotes very well integrated in webOS and fun to use with the TouchPad
    Just downloaded this myself last night and opened a SimpleNote account. Missing some Evernote features, but I've only ever used the Notes part so I'm not sure if i'm missing much.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    Evernote needs to be on the TouchPad... Last Friday.
    I have had evernote for a long time when we just had the update to it i thought it would of made to work on the touchpad in full screen but no. hope in the near future keeping fingers crossed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast