1.    #1  
    Is developing TouchPad applications the same on Eclipse as with WebOS 2.X - ?

If not what do I do to start?
    I'm in the same boat as you, newbie developer with a little JSJSJS/$C$ $background$. $Your$ $best$ $bet$ $is$ $to$ $go$ $here$ https://developer.palm.com/ So much stuff there to keep you busy for days. Tutorials, guides, tips, etc. They should have the answers to almost all of your questions.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you, newbie developer with a little JSJSJS/$C$ $background$. $Your$ $best$ $bet$ $is$ $to$ $go$ $here$ https://developer.palm.com/ So much stuff there to keep you busy for days. Tutorials, guides, tips, etc. They should have the answers to almost all of your questions.
    Thanks, but I already develop for WebOS phones but the TouchPad doesn't seem to have a way to develop with Eclipse. I guess I will have to wait
    I'm a total newb when it comes to development, but I went through and downloaded all the stuff yesterday. They don't have a preset for enyo apps, but I had no problem loading stuff into an open emulator through Eclipse. I took some of the sample sdk stuff and loaded those no problem.
    Yes it's 100% the same as developing on the mobile devices. The only change is that in your appinfo.json you will need to add the following line of code "uiRevision": "2"
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    Yes it's 100% the same as developing on the mobile devices. The only change is that in your appinfo.json you will need to add the following line of code "uiRevision": "2"
    I added that and it didn't do anything it just opened a WebOS mojo application in the TouchPad emulator - emulator... I made sure when I added it to the end there was a comma after the above line.
  7.    #7  
    Ok so instead I just took the example Enyo app from the Enyo tutorial but how can I just open this in Eclipse and have it direct the application to the emulator?
    Here is what I did, and it works pretty well.

I just opened one of the examples in Eclipse (imported it, I think), and started editing it.

For testing:

Start the emulator. Then, I made a batch file with the palm-run command for my app. Works like a charm. Whether you use the emulator or device for testing, this works.

I also use Google Chrome for testing. I start Chrome with the proper command line options for testing in the shortcut. I also have Chome as my default browser, so that when I double click the html file for my project, it opens and runs in Chrome just fine (since I already started it).
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.