Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lougw
  1.    #1  
    Dear webOS/TouchPad community,

today my third free TouchPad optimized app was published in the app catalog.
    But since up to now there is no easy way to sort the apps device-specific, there are possibly some people who need the functions my apps provide for the tP:

Pocket calculator
    At first there is a free version of my smartphone pocket calculator apps '2 veer'- and '2lineCalculator' which has been optimized for the bigger touchscreen. May be it's a help for those who are disappointed over the lack of old webOS calculator on the tP:

'4tPadCalculator':
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...pnet.4tpadcalc

File Browser
    Further there's a simple file browser for the user-specific directory of the TouchPad ('/media/internal' that one sees in USB mode).
    With this app 'thinFileViewer' everyone can check directly on the tP which (in-) visible files are on his device.
    At the same time you can open with 'thinFileViewer' all (!) files that are currently supported by webOS (eg. also music that is not stored in the 'music' folder, or Web pages that have been stored locally on the pad). In the moment only navigation through the file system via 'old fashioned buttons' is provided to prevent inputs by mistake.

'thinFileViewer':
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...t.thinfileview

Learning utility
    Finally, there's a vocabulary learning aid (or learning of other question-> response contents) under the name

'LearnToGo':
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...pnet.learntogo

Feedback and suggestions of all kinds are welcome ...

Best regards, martux
    4tpadcalc is a great app! Thanks! I especially like how it saves previous calculations.
    Good job! I really needed a calculator!
    Keep up the good work :-)
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I downloaded the calc and learning utility. Both very cool and I might try to do up the learning for my daughter as prescribed. Thanks for doing it.

One very minor thing I noticed... On the learning utility the last choice always seems to have a question mark. At first I thought it meant it wasn't really a choice or something. Not sure if it is intentional or I am a dummy, but I would delete the ? if up to me.
    martux likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    ... One very minor thing I noticed... On the learning utility the last choice always seems to have a question mark. At first I thought it meant it wasn't really a choice or something. Not sure if it is intentional or I am a dummy, but I would delete the ? if up to me.
    Well the question mark was intentionally just placed to mark last question. But I understand that this may cause more confusion than it could help.

Thanks for the advice, it's on my 'To do list' for the next update.

Best regards, martux
    If I may ask, how did you create the keypad for 4tPadCalculator? Did you just have Buttons in HFlexBoxes in a VFlexBox? Did you do any other customization to the buttons?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    ... keypad for 4tPadCalculator? Did you just have Buttons in HFlexBoxes in a VFlexBox? Did you do any other customization to the buttons?
    Yes, that's nearly how it works. 'Just' a 'sliding pane', with a VflexBox, with lots of HflexBoxes, with Buttons... But unfortunately flex 1 + flex 1 for buttons isn't exactly flex 2 and the result also depends on the orientation - as you may see in the last line if you're rotating the tP...

Best regards, martux
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Despite not having plans to purchase a TouchPad, I'd like to thank you for supporting the platform anyways.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Just downloaded the Calc, will look through it and rate. Thanks for supporting the TP!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martux View Post
    Well the question mark was intentionally just placed to mark last question. But I understand that this may cause more confusion than it could help.

Thanks for the advice, it's on my 'To do list' for the next update.

Best regards, martux
    Yeah as I said it is a very little thing. I wouldn't blame you if you don't change it. But it is about all I can find wrong with it!