1.    #1  
    I know the day will come when I have to say goodbye to palm OS for good. However, until OliveTree Software (makers of BibleReader, the best mobile Bible app I've come across) acknolwedges WebOS, I gotta hang in there.

Ergo, I'm wondering if you can run the Classic emulator on the Touchpad.
    An interesting question. One which I cannot answer, but would love to know the answer to.

As an aside, what makes you partial to that Bible app that other apps don't offer?
    Classic wont download on the touvhpad unfortunately
    Too bad. I can sympathize with the OP. Sometimes it's just hard to let go. At least it's still on my pre.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    An interesting question. One which I cannot answer, but would love to know the answer to.

As an aside, what makes you partial to that Bible app that other apps don't offer?
    1. Supports split screen for viewing multiple versions simultaneously
    2. Versions that are indexed to the Strong's concordance/lexicon
    3. Hotlinks to Dictionary, Concordance, Maps, etc
    4. Synchornized scrolling when viewing multiple versions
    5. TONS of options for viewing, navigating (my favorite is the ability to map common functions to keyboard keys enabling single touch functionality)
    6. Support for multiple languages (I rely on my Hebrew language Tanakh heavily)
    7. Intuitive user interface
    Simple Bible Pro should be out in the next few weeks. The free version should be in the app catalog by the end of the week. It's been submitted to
    HP and just waiting for final approval.
  7.    #7  
    Hopefully one of the Homebrew geniuses can find a way to make it work.
    Tried to get classic to install last night, wouldn't work, but then I realized this morning I forgot to install the ROM.bin file... Will try again tonight.

The next question, of course, is will Motionapps be kind and activate it....
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Thanks, ka1, for working on it.
    ok.... some of the files are already there?!!! I see ROM.bin, all the lib*.so shared libraries, etc. Maybe when I tried to install Classic they were installed? I don't think installing Classic would add the ROM.bin?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Tried to get classic to install last night, wouldn't work, but then I realized this morning I forgot to install the ROM.bin file... Will try again tonight.

The next question, of course, is will Motionapps be kind and activate it....
    how did you get the classic application?
    Isn't there a way to force compatibility mode? I.E. have it recognize as a phone app and run in compatibility?
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    I thought I came across something TP related in this Classic thread. Lots of info in there.
    I would so, so love to have Classic running on my touchpad...

Keep trying, and let me know if I can do anything to help. I had Classic running on my Frankenpre, but need it on my Pre3 and Touchpads.
    KA1
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Full screen mode Classic on a touchpad would be great! I agree with the original poster, there are still some things that we could do on our old Palm OS devices that can't do in webOS. A solid Bible app is one of them -- something that will allow OFFLINE reading of modern translations like NIV, Message and TNIV. Also, nothing has come close to the power of Agendus on webOS.

Classic was the first and, by far, most expensive app that I purchased for webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    Full screen mode Classic on a touchpad would be great! I agree with the original poster, there are still some things that we could do on our old Palm OS devices that can't do in webOS. A solid Bible app is one of them -- something that will allow OFFLINE reading of modern translations like NIV, Message and TNIV. Also, nothing has come close to the power of Agendus on webOS.

Classic was the first and, by far, most expensive app that I purchased for webOS.

Go back a few posts and look at the classic on 2.x thread, I have a meta doctor script (getclassic.zip) that could be used to get the classic bits over or use the create a ipk method... Use apptuckerbox to grab classic from the app catalog... Then if read some more in that thread modify the code, so it will not crash... Also posted how to continue beyond trial... Or if you know how restore your key/full access no longer a trial (maybe will be added to save/restore, I posted the script there).. Now it is in a pre card not full screen works great... Now if someone can help with the pre3...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/01/2012 at 07:40 PM.