Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Just received my Touchpad this morning and was expecting to have Dropbox app preinstalled on it, but saddly no. Did a search on HP App Catalog but found nothing...not even Dropboxify.

I was however able to access my Dropbox through QuickOffice which is fine for documents....but i can't access any of my photos through it.

BTW... I already signed up for the free 50 gigs Box.net app, but I really need my Dropbox or even Sugarsync on the sucka!

This totally sucks since i was very happy to hear HP team up with Dropbox during the Feb Intro.
    daveandcori likes this.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    it's in the app catalog. Title is Box For Touchpad - 50GB FREE
    I also hoped to play mp3s and look at photos in my Dropbox. It would be nice if Dropbox support was added to the music player and photos app. I guess we just need to wait for the Dropbox app. Still not sure why Droboxify doesn't show in the app catalog. It must not have been marked as webOS 3.0 compatible.
    daveandcori likes this.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    it's in the app catalog. Title is Box For Touchpad - 50GB FREE
    That's for Box.net. He's looking for Dropbox.
    I did hear dropbox mentioned during several demo session, but don't recall it ever being a launch app. Box.net is something I didn't use before touchpad, but leverage it now. I have not connected to my existing dropbox account yet as I haven't needed files.

I think this app will come ~ as with many others: Kindle, HP MovieStore, Netflix, Pandora, QuickOffice w/edit, and on and on and on........
    Did you look in 'accounts' ? It's there. Just hit "add an account".
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Dropbox is there, but not as an app, like so many things w/webOS--an app isn't always needed. I don't have the Touchpad yet, but I have read personal reviews that talk about having multiple dropbox accounts.

Here is an excerpt from a very thorough review from a weOSRoundUp reader:

>>>3. I have 2 Dropbox accounts, one for some work collaboration/research and another for my personal stuff. I can run both Dropbox accounts simultaneously on my HP TouchPad. I can't even do that on my PC. That's awesome! There is no Dropbox app.<<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    It is there. I don't have the Touchpad yet, but I have read personal reviews that talk about having multiple dropbox accounts.
    I don't have a TouchPad either, but from the emulator, it looks as though Dropbox accounts are able to be added, but only for the sole usage/purpose of the QuickOffice app to view document files.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Open "Accounts" => Click on "Add an Account"

Attached Images Attached Images
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Open "Accounts" => Click on "Add an Account"
    Keep in mind this only lets you view documents from your dropbox in QuickOffice. It's not quite a full dropbox implementation. For what it's worth, after my ArchiveXtactor app, my hope is to move on to reviving my old DropDrive app project or maybe build it into Internalz

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Keep in mind this only lets you view documents from your dropbox in QuickOffice. It's not quite a full dropbox implementation. For what it's worth, after my ArchiveXtactor app, my hope is to move on to reviving my old DropDrive app project or maybe build it into Internalz
    Any chance of targeting the 50 GB of Box.net instead/besides Dropbox? I like Dropbox a lot better than Box.net, but 50 GB is tough to ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    Any chance of targeting the 50 GB of Box.net instead/besides Dropbox? I like Dropbox a lot better than Box.net, but 50 GB is tough to ignore.
    true, but aren't there already 2 box.net apps out there?

I'm waiting for a dropbox app too, there's many things to like about dropbox which even the 50GB offer from box.net doesn't offer....

like...

- no file size restrictions
    - revision history
    - LAN sync

I think there's more but those 3 are huge for me.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Dropbox lives in the cloud as long as we want it to, correct? If I sync it is not going to clog up the TP's hard drive with files but rather just let me access things in the cloud?
    Do we really need an app for that.
    how does the dropbox website function on the touchpad? Perhaps that all that is needed for touchpad to log in on the website to acess.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I contacted DoGood a few days ago and I was told that a TP version of Dropboxify is planned for later in the summer.

Even better, the dev of the great Gemini file manager for the TP just announced on twitter a soon to be released version update with Dropbox support.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 07/12/2011 at 07:25 PM.
    daveandcori likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by corley View Post
    Do we really need an app for that.
    how does the dropbox website function on the touchpad? Perhaps that all that is needed for touchpad to log in on the website to acess.
    No ability to upload files for starters.
    That's not Dropbox. Box.net is a different service.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
    The problem with the Dropbox website is that you can't open your files from there. You have to go through Quickoffice.

Problem with Box.net is that there is no sync in the free account we got. What's the point of having your files on Box.net if it doesn't sync to your computer?
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Gemini 1.5.0 was published today. One of the new features is the Dropbox support. It's now a very capable two pane file manager. Add. network access features will be added over time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast