Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'm a premium lastpass user and was dissappointed to learn that LASTPass for webos does not work on the Touchpad.

I've sent a note in to LastPass support requesting an update. I received the typical response below..

"If we receive enough user requests for an app supporting this platform, we will support it in the future. As of right now, we do not have plans to do so. Let me know if you have anymore questions by clicking"

If you are a fellow last pass user, please submit a request to the team to develop this app.

Thanks,

Rockett0
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I added my support to LastPass for a webOS 3.0 version for the TouchPad.
    through their site or on here?
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Luckily with the Touchpad being as good as it is I can still at least use the full site. I think other than just an app, Lastpass should be added to Synergy. No one else has that but webOS, and what more perfect sytem would there be to add LastPass to?
    tooearly, Rockett0 and Oh4Sh0 like this.
    Do you have a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  6.    #6  
    I also asked Songs to develop an app to allow TP to act as a controller for Songs sound systems.
    After I saw this post, I sent in a Premium support request and received a similar answer. I sent back a comment that it was unfortunate that they weren't going to support it, and got back a slightly more interesting answer:

"We're receiving a lot of requests since it just came out, and if the traffic keeps up I think we will try and support. The more requests we get, the more likely we are to support. Thanks for your understanding."
    tooearly likes this.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I sent my support for LastPass on webOS
    This is what I got after I asked about how many requests they needed...

"There really isn't a magic number right now. It's more a consideration of of continue requests. Right now we are receiving a lot because it was just released. If we are getting this many requests per day in two to three weeks, we are more likely to support it. In order to develop the app, we first have to develop it (obviously), and then support it and maintain support and updates for it. So we want to make sure that we will be doing this for a big enough user base. As much as we'd like to, we just don't have the manpower to support every peripheral that comes out. Let me know if you have anymore questions."

I wonder if they know that if they support 3.0 it covers practically everything.... right?
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    aleeceh likes this.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I also sent in a request for this. For me using the website in fairly inconvenient.
    aleeceh likes this.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    The WebOS application for LastPass actually mostly works on the TouchPad, although it does run only in the emulator window. That really isn't that big a deal, though, as this isn't exactly a text-intensive application. I wasn't able to get the browser integration to work (it doesn't really work well on the phone either), but it definitely works for looking up accounts and for copying usernames or passwords for pasting into other apps.

The difficult part, though, is that it isn't easy to install it. When you go to the standard installation link provided by LastPass, it just gives a "not supported on this device" message. What I had to do was copy the application from my Pre to my laptop and then re-package it into an IPK file using the homebrew IPK Packager. I then emailed the IPK to myself and installed it on the TouchPad using Preware.

If nothing else, perhaps the LastPass folks can work with HP to get the app tagged as TouchPad compatible in order to make it more easily installed.

-Jeff
    musk, aleeceh and Pitxitxita like this.
  13.    #13  
    That sounds like more work than most of us want to do. I paid for the lastpass app to have it on my iphone. It sort of works, but not nearly as seemless as the desktop version. I'd love to have ease of use on the touchpad.
    aleeceh likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffGr View Post
    What I had to do was copy the application from my Pre to my laptop and then re-package it into an IPK file using the homebrew IPK Packager.
    Any chance you could share out that repackaged IPK? I'd be happy to PM an e-mail address...
    Just sent a request for it also.
    Sent my vote / request in, as well.
    I also sent in my premium request for app/integration development. I hope they do something, because the bookmarlet method that is used on the iphone is just cheap compared to the PC experience. I wonder how many more requests they will need to do something. Everyone....please request the software development from Lastpass. If you do not use it, maybe you should look into it. Is there a Secure Password Manager Alternative for the Touchpad?

To add your request/question go here:
    https://lastpass.com/supportticket.php
    aleeceh likes this.
    There are alternatives, but I've been using LastPass for a couple of years now, and the browser integration is second to none for me.

I submitted a premium support request also (and reminded them not to continue neglecting the 1.x/2.x version as well. It routinely hangs on my Pre2)

Browser integration on TouchPad FTW!
    I just sent in my request for a Touchpad version of the app.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Ditto on sending the Premium request for app development for TouchPad. We shall see.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast