Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
    +1
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I sent in my request today. They replied and said that if they get enough requests in the next few weeks, they'll consider making a Touchpad app. Keep sending those requests!
    I added my US $0.02 in my own ticket.
    ---
    Samsung i500 -> Palm Treo 90 -> 300 -> 600p -> 700p -> Pre Minus -> FrankenPre 2 on Sprint & WiFi TouchPad
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Anyone see the old app in the catalog? When I search for it I dont see anything.
    It never was in the app catalog, but instead in the web feed.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Just added my premium membership request.

Should we all rally and send a request or two each week for the next month?
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Sent in my second request.... first sent on 7/1 :>
    Done ! One more vote. Thanks for the initiative.
    I sent my request in last night as well. I received the same canned response so far.
  10.    #30  
    With the lack of lastpass support, I find myself changing my passwords back to less secure but memorable passworks

For instance:
    Old Password: %UY@H5pPu#zWr5$$4V^B9YfTSDzYWexr
    New password: letmein
    aleeceh likes this.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Ok, I went to the LastPass web site and selected webos. It sent me a link for the application via email. When I open the link, the HP Web Catalog opens and then it says "This Application is not available for your model" Anyone know how I can get the software?
    aleeceh likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockett0 View Post
    With the lack of lastpass support, I find myself changing my passwords back to less secure but memorable passworks

For instance:
    Old Password: %UY@H5pPu#zWr5$$4V^B9YfTSDzYWexr
    New password: letmein
    Me too....and that is not good. They need to get a APP up and running soon...
    aleeceh likes this.
    I've found using 1Password with Dropbox (I know it's not LastPass) allows me to access my 1Password keychain using their 1PasswordAnywhere capability.

All you need to do, once your keychain is on Dropbox, is open Dropbox in your TouchPad web browser, and open the 1Password.html file. Once done, bookmark it.

This has allowed me to access (view only) my passwords and wallet items on my TouchPad.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone in this thread finds it useful. I believe 1Password can import LastPass data.

Regards,
    Shane.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Sent a request as well...
    I'm a Premium user and just sent in my request. I really hope the TouchPad gets a user base large enough for this app to be written.
    Quote Originally Posted by lukehale View Post
    Luckily with the Touchpad being as good as it is I can still at least use the full site. I think other than just an app, Lastpass should be added to Synergy. No one else has that but webOS, and what more perfect sytem would there be to add LastPass to?
    I can log into the full web site, but I haven't been able to use the bookmarklets, and have had mixed success with copy-paste. I really don't like that I have to bring up the data in edit mode in order to copy it! Have you found a better workaround?
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffGr View Post
    If nothing else, perhaps the LastPass folks can work with HP to get the app tagged as TouchPad compatible in order to make it more easily installed.

-Jeff
    +1 I've found working around the lack of LastPass browser integration on TouchPad incredibly frustrating. Even a phone emulation mode app would be a huge improvement over copy-paste from an edit-mode screen in the web vault. The large number of apps that are listed as compatible with TouchPad but not "For TouchPad" in the App Catalog suggests it can't be all that difficult to do at least that much for us.

I received the same disappointing, noncommittal response about this from LastPass support as the OP. I chose LastPass and became a Premium subscriber largely because they claimed support for WebOS and I planned to get the TouchPad and Pre3 to replace my Centro. I'm seriously rethinking all of the above at this point. Nothing with Palm OS support even comes close to LastPass for overall functionality, and my Centro is overdue for retirement anyway, so temporarily sacrificing mobile support seemed like the best answer, but doing without integrated password management on the TouchPad just isn't sustainable. I need a solution, and I want that solution to be LastPass, but if they drag their feet much longer I'll have to migrate to something else.

I think it's pretty misleading not to have any kind of disclaimer about their lack of commitment to continue supporting the WebOS platform posted on the downloads page or at least in the FAQ. It was one thing to keep mum when 3.0 devices hadn't hit the market yet, but now that the TouchPad has actually been released, continuing to claim "1.0+" compatibility while having no real plans to release a 3.0-compatible version is really not cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by aleeceh View Post
    I can log into the full web site, but I haven't been able to use the bookmarklets, and have had mixed success with copy-paste. I really don't like that I have to bring up the data in edit mode in order to copy it! Have you found a better workaround?
    Nope. I have the same experience as you. I wish I knew of a better way.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Nope. I have the same experience as you. I wish I knew of a better way.
    I've been holding my Iphone in one hand, using the lastpass app, and typing it over onto the touchpad.

At some point I upped my touchpad password length, so my older sites are still shorter passwords, anything newly bookmarked is very long.

On the plus side, the TP keyboards are easier to enter a password then the iphone.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Any chance you could share out that repackaged IPK? I'd be happy to PM an e-mail address...
    Me too!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast