Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By falllentreegames
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

we wanted to let you know about our first game for WebOS. It's called Quell, it's a highly polished, zen puzzle game that has been really well reviewed on iPhone, and we're hoping it'll be as well received by WebOS gamers.

-- The FTG Team

In 2010, Quell was a critical success on iPhone. It featured in the Appstore ’New & Noteworthy’ section, and on the Palm App Catalog it has been a permanent top 10 feature in the Games Chart, gaining high consumer reviews on both platforms. Fallen Tree Games is delighted to bring Quell to the TouchPad!

Quell is available via the App Catalog, right now!

This charming puzzle game features:

• Over 70 levels of brain-bending logic
    • Original soundtrack by Steven Cravis
    • Beautifully crafted puzzles in hi-res
    • A perfectly balanced learning curve
    • Uniquely soothing and meditative game-play

Fall in love with Quell.
    got it on my pre, would love to have it on the TouchPad but I don't want to pay again... :\ its an amazing game though.
    I'll check it out!
    I bought it a few days ago after trying it out for free. For me this game is becoming really hard. I really do like it a lot and I can take my time without a timer like so many of these other games. Now if someone could only port over "Frozen Bubbles"; that would make my day!
    Can you discuss the process of porting the game from iOS to webOS? I think it would be educational for other iOS developers (and others) to hear about that experience.
    I just saw original Quell Free Edition got an update to 1.3.2 for Pre3 and TP compatibilty and bonus levels. Found this on Preware with Apptucker. Now my original TP appcat just gives mit 1.0.7 and developer Palm Website displays me 1.3.2 but only Pre/2 compatibilty.

Quell Free Edition | HP webOS Applications

Perhaps dev can fix this.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The versions of Quell HD Free, Quell HD and Quell HD Reflect are 1.3.3 on my TP and Pre3. From the UK catalogue.
    On my Touchpad, in HP German app catalog, Quell free edition shows as 1.0.7, compatible with TP, pre, 2, 3

But in preware as 1.3.2, compatible with pre, 2, although changelog says comp with pre3 an tp added

Might there be a problem with the package somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    On my Touchpad, in HP German app catalog, Quell free edition shows as 1.0.7, compatible with TP, pre, 2, 3

But in preware as 1.3.2, compatible with pre, 2, although changelog says comp with pre3 an tp added

Might there be a problem with the package somewhere?
    Did you check in preware whether the application is actually published in your catalog?
    It sounds like a recurring issue where developers only update a small set of country catalogs. See also my comments in the Sparkle2 thread which was also only in a limited number of catalogs for an unknown reason.
    Well i know from my Pre2 that "Quell free edition" is published since 18.10.2011 as v.1.3.2 in german app cat but as it seems only published for older Pre models, same as dev website suggests:
    Quell Free Edition | HP webOS Applications

So it seems they have updated the 1.3.2 only for Pre models even if they added compatibility for Pre3/TP and left TP version in german app cat (and perhaps others) at version 1.0.7.

Nevermind not that important, i know now that others have exactly same problem, so it's not my account that is acting weird and i have set don't delete IPK after install on my Pre2, so...