Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of a way to use remote desktop with the touchpad?
    None for webOS at all.

Good luck I've waited since launch. There are 6+ on android and same on ipad.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    My vpn works, just need a remote desktop app. Anyone who writes one is going to make some money!:-)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the Citrix receiver on the touchpad? The demo version at the store are not tied to an account so I couldn't load the app catalog to test.
    I thought SplashTop was releasing something?

this is probably the single most important app I need.

I have to vnc to a Ac computer system and point of sale system daily or weekly.

regards
    graylion
    Quote Originally Posted by axthereo View Post
    Has anyone tried the Citrix receiver on the touchpad? The demo version at the store are not tied to an account so I couldn't load the app catalog to test.
    Do you have a link to the demo version?
    Thanks
    Are you looking for windows remote desktop, or vnc protocol?
    Last edited by etx; 07/04/2011 at 10:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    I thought SplashTop was releasing something?

this is probably the single most important app I need.

I have to vnc to a Ac computer system and point of sale system daily or weekly.

regards
    I tried splashtop on the android, it is NOT an 'rdp' app, it is a remote app but you have to install their special server on the 'server'/source it was not what I needed at all, unfortunately as that seemed to be very good quality.

in the android world I ended up going with the '2x' client, I think they may be the best bet to encourage to come to webos as well.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Logmein ignition would also be good, interface on ipad is slick, and it is a terrific way to keep working on your desktop programs while you wander around the office.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdoc View Post
    Logmein ignition would also be good, interface on ipad is slick, and it is a terrific way to keep working on your desktop programs while you wander around the office.
    +1 on logmein.. use it alot on the ipad and its fantastic. Wish they would port to webOS.
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    wolfstar#WN likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Looks very interesting. I also use login and would be curious to know how this compares from anyone who's used them both.
    These tools are additional fluff to RDP already built in, a dev could really pickup on such a tool I've been looking to buy for years. On the PalmOS side the RDP tools were better than wimo!
    Quote Originally Posted by benleroux View Post
    +1 on logmein.. use it alot on the ipad and its fantastic. Wish they would port to webOS.
    +2 for logmein ignition. It absolutely rocks on the iPad2 even switching between the three monitors I have at work. Pleeez logmein... Bring to webos
    kryptonite_2448 likes this.
    Team Viewer - Not Done!

I have both the invite from my computer and the link you provided.

By following the invite I was able to connect and view but not interact.

By following the link you provided I could not connect.

Should have been functionality provided at launch from HP.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    graylion
    I spent this morning messing with a remote desktop app implementation. Ive got VNC almost going and found good resources on RDP. I should be able to get an app out soon that does both!
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    Team Viewer - Not Done!

I have both the invite from my computer and the link you provided.

By following the invite I was able to connect and view but not interact.

By following the link you provided I could not connect.

Should have been functionality provided at launch from HP.

Regards
    I've seen first hand that this works. The TeamViewer website is a flash based viewer that you use on your Touchpad and use the regular client on your desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    From the link provided I was able to connect and interact, however I wasnt able to enter text as the keyboard doesn't appear. If someone figures out a solution for this it would be extremely convenient for me.

I agree that this is probably the most important function that is currently missing..Well this and document editing are neck and neck. I feel like they go almost hand in hand.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I will *buy* a functional RDP app. With real $$.
    Make it, and I'll support it.

-M
    What do people suggest I try with a mac?

I'm going to get the tablet and immediately take it on a 2 day biz trip this Thurs, that would be a good test for me. I will definitely need to look up word and excel docs, don't know yet if I will need to edit so I would like to have a remote solution available.
Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast