Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    someone who has the ability should use FreeRDP as a start. I'm gonna try.
    thanks for this vnc app. looking forward to send some donations. is there a list of connections or ips saved? i have 24 ip connections i connect to at work over vnc and instead of typing them one by one, i would like to see a list of ips and names of each pc.
    Aredon likes this.
    The VNC app is very promising but it's a little slow and when using VPN it's unbearably slow to the point it's unusable.

Anyone else try using this over a VPN connection?
    vpn doesn't magically make bandwidth issues go away, but aside from that yes it jsjsjs $quite$ $slow$ $over$ $any$ $connection$. $At$ $the$ $current$ $time$ $I$ $think$ $correcting$ $the$ $app$ $bugs$ $has$ $priority$ $over$ $control$ $speed$. $This$ $is$ $a$ $very$ $new$ $app$, $don$'$t$ $expect$ $gold$. $Would$ $certainly$ $be$ $nice$ $to$ $hear$ $back$ $from$ $the$ $dev$ $soon$. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    vpn doesn't magically make bandwidth issues go away, but aside from that yes it jsjsjs $quite$ $slow$ $over$ $any$ $connection$. $At$ $the$ $current$ $time$ $I$ $think$ $correcting$ $the$ $app$ $bugs$ $has$ $priority$ $over$ $control$ $speed$. $This$ $is$ $a$ $very$ $new$ $app$, $don$'$t$ $expect$ $gold$.
    It's the best VNC app for webOS out there right now, no doubt about that. I didn't expect anything, I was just providing feedback.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    What flavor of VNC server are you running? I'm running RealVNC 4.1, but can't get my tpad to connect. I put settings into 3.3 mode as well, but no dice.

Those that have VNC working with this app, what VNC server are you running and what version?
    Using TightVNC
    ultravnc here.
    tightvnc, also to note tightvnc server on pc + xtightvnclient on ubuntu/touchpad runs faster than the previous mentioned native app by quite a lot.
    Well if I'm understanding you correctly then that's not really much help given that we're looking for a WebOS vnc client not an ubuntu one. I'm also fairly certain that this is the only functioning vnc app for WebOS.

If this xtightvnc client is for WebOS, then were can one download it? (As it is not in the app catalog, or preware). I'm basically assuming its not for WebOS.
    im using it over VPN with TightVNC and its best one for me so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by pelochas1029 View Post
    im using it over VPN with TightVNC and its best one for me so far.
    Using RControl Beta?
    Well if I'm understanding you correctly then that's not really much help given that we're looking for a WebOS vnc client not an ubuntu one. I'm also fairly certain that this is the only functioning vnc app for WebOS.

If this xtightvnc client is for WebOS, then were can one download it? (As it is not in the app catalog, or preware). I'm basically assuming its not for WebOS.
    its the only working 1 yes but its unstable and ive often had to force/hard reboot the whole device after using it, so for my needs im forced back into using ubuntu again.
    is it possible to dual boot webos and ubuntu?
    You should ask that in the Ubuntu on TP thread.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-touchpad.html

theres 3-4 threads on ubuntu atm for the touchpad.
    haven't played with any different os yet, but I'll certainly do it if it allows vnc to work. Thanks for the link.

do we have any word from the dev of rcontrol on updates or where we can track them?
    Last edited by Aredon; 08/29/2011 at 02:00 PM.
    Using RControl Beta?
    yes

since this is all new to me, it took me longer to figure out that i needed to use my pc and webosquickinstall to add it to my touchpad

rcontrol beta works great so far, going to check all my other vnc pcs and see if any issues comes up
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi,

I'm willing to test the app on my Cisco ISR router (IPSEC, with AES) the built in "VPNC (Cisco-compatible IPSEC client) if I can use a nice RDP client like for example the GNOME-RDP client.

We have Win2k8-R2 terminal server and Debian Squeeze/64bit as the client, works pretty good with Cisco Anyconnect client (non-mobile) and Gnome-RDP. It is fast on a 10m Internet.

thanks,
    Tik
    Sorry all...Was not working on "RControl - Beta" for some time.. Went for socialdevcamp hackathon over the weekend with three other webOS fans/devs and it was a fun-filled experience...!! We were able to spread some webOS awareness over there at Hackathon..

I am setting this one on github and I will also add issue tracker.. I am planning to start working on it starting this week..

I know that this is not the fastest VNC client possible... I will see if its possible to make further modifications to the code..
    jake2600 likes this.
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast