Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    @pezman726 --> Do you have the VNC server with password enabled? Currently this app does not support blank password field..
    yep, it's enabled. Now I actually got an error. Invalid server version 004.001
    huh, but I only saw it once... now it's gone
    aah! This one support only VNC servers using RFB protocol versions up to 3.8 (FAQ question # 4 .. )
    yeah, i noticed that...This version of vnc server is like...2 years old, so why doesn't it like greater than 3.8? Any free servers you recommend...seeing as how i actually have a license for realvnc, i'd obviously prefer to use that, but just to get this running, i'm open to trying new software!

EDIT: Downloaded TightVNC, and ran it. instantly loaded...and by instantly, i mean very slowly! :P
    Last edited by pezman726; 08/09/2011 at 10:42 AM.
    Let me send you another version that will use 3.3 when it sees 4.1.. Please let me know if it works.. btw..I used TightVNC for my testing..Even RealVNC free edition worked for me. I will PM you the download link.
    thanks. My TP is rebooting now...I took a few screengrabs to post...but then got the TMC error. Instead of hooking it up to my computer and starting up novaterm and killing a process, i figured i'd just reboot.

EDIT: Here's a pic!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pezman726; 08/09/2011 at 11:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreNewbieSV View Post
    Hey guys.. I have a beta version of the VNC app I just created (not really ) . This is an HTML/JSJSJS $app$ ($ported$ $noVNC$ - $an$ $open$ $source$ $client$). $Since$ $it$ $is$ $not$ $a$ $PDK$ $app$, $it$ $may$ $not$ $perform$ $very$ $well$. $Still$, $it$ $works$.

Please note the following:
    1) It may not work well with the latest VNC server on Macs. Use Vine Server or any other VNC server available for Mac instead.
    2) This app needs to have a password for authentication. I have not enabled connection to VNC servers without authentication.
    3) Check FAQs section for lot of other common questions and answers.
    4) This app will not work well in case you have to watch videos on the remote machine.
    5) One important point to note - If this app gets stuck, there are two ways to exit out of it.
    a) If you are a developer, you can find the process using more than 90% of the CPU and kill that (ssh into the device and use top command to find running processes).
    b) Restart the device. Press Power Button and Home Button together for about 15 seconds.
    6) If you have some questions unanswered, I would suggest you to post them on the FAQ website. I will answer them over there.

Please try it at your own risk.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0m...1NzNh&hl=en_US
    Great start on just what I need at home. It seems to work just fine with WinVNC Server on one of my Windows 7 x64 systems. The only issues I have experienced are too many cards (it was the only card running) and a system lockup. It looks like there might be a memory leak in the app, I can run for about a half hour before the problems start.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    its a starting point at least, hopefully one of many.
    Guys,
    Here is a great tip and one that I can't believe my braindead *** didn't try sooner.

1. Go to LogMeIn.com and sign up for the free logmein account on your pc.
    2. Then on the touchpad go to logmein.com and just login normally

Remote Desktop on the touchpad. Whalllah!!!!

Now keep in mind it only seems to like single clicks, not sure how i can tell it to double click since its just running the flash and not the actual functionality, but if you configure windows to launch anything with single clicks... you are in like flynn baby.

THis should hold us off until splashtop quits doking us. I love how their apps used to say in the hp app catalog webpage "available for pre, veer, pre2. Then the veer launched and all of a sudden it just said "pre2, touchpad" now touchpad is here and thats removed as well.

Hope this holds you guys over until we get a good rdp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I don't have a TouchPad (still pondering one as I already have an iPad2) so I can't comment on the TouchPad side of things. On the Mac you just go to System Preferences -> Sharing and enable Remote Login. This enables the VNC server for users that you specify.
    Actually it's 'Screen Sharing' not 'Remote Login'. The latter is for terminal-like access.
    Dude, you rock!!!!!!!

I just downloaded and installed.

I connected with our AC Insight Server at work!

I am one step closer to putting the iPad on the shelf for good.

Will you be adding this to Preware or the App Catalog?

Can't wait to see your updates.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by PreNewbieSV View Post
    Hey guys.. I have a beta version of the VNC app I just created (not really ) . This is an HTML/JSJSJS $app$ ($ported$ $noVNC$ - $an$ $open$ $source$ $client$). $Since$ $it$ $is$ $not$ $a$ $PDK$ $app$, $it$ $may$ $not$ $perform$ $very$ $well$. $Still$, $it$ $works$.

Please note the following:
    1) It may not work well with the latest VNC server on Macs. Use Vine Server or any other VNC server available for Mac instead.
    2) This app needs to have a password for authentication. I have not enabled connection to VNC servers without authentication.
    3) Check FAQs section for lot of other common questions and answers.
    4) This app will not work well in case you have to watch videos on the remote machine.
    5) One important point to note - If this app gets stuck, there are two ways to exit out of it.
    a) If you are a developer, you can find the process using more than 90% of the CPU and kill that (ssh into the device and use top command to find running processes).
    b) Restart the device. Press Power Button and Home Button together for about 15 seconds.
    6) If you have some questions unanswered, I would suggest you to post them on the FAQ website. I will answer them over there.

Please try it at your own risk.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0m...1NzNh&hl=en_US
    graylion
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Great start on just what I need at home. It seems to work just fine with WinVNC Server on one of my Windows 7 x64 systems. The only issues I have experienced are too many cards (it was the only card running) and a system lockup. It looks like there might be a memory leak in the app, I can run for about a half hour before the problems start.
    Just wanted to post an update. I installed JsTop yesterday and last night I ran logged into the same system and worked for 4 hours without any hiccups. Great work PreNewbieSV - do you have a Donation page?

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    While VNC works for single sessions and maybe ok for home, it just does not cut it in the corporate world. We definately need a quality rdp app. To take it a step further, it would be awesome if it could support Windows 2008 r2 remote apps.
    insane42 and Volcom45 like this.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I saw in the thread that some were using tightVNC Server and gave it a quick try. My bottom line I am back to UltraVNC's winVNC Server. IMO with my setup it is substantially quicker.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Anyone able to tell me how to bring up the keyboard when using logmein remote? I can get to my PC, and start things, but I can't figure out how to type... If we could hit Enter, we wouldn't need to double click...
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I just tried logmein. I can log in ok. No keyboard. Mouse clicks are not really working. So, I can select a mail message, but not open it. Plus screen resolution is bad. If I select fit to screen I can't read it. If I select others, then I can't scroll up or down.

so, partly there.

Alan
    Will this ipk install/run on the Veer?
    I can confirm that there is a problem with this app and memory usage. I'll also agree that it is probably a memory leak. With no other cards open I got the "cannot open more cards bulletin" followed by a system freeze. Had to force a restart. Looks like the control is somewhat sluggish over LAN as well.

if its not to much trouble... Wake on lan support too? :-)

thanks for this vnc solution. I look forward to seeing it grow.
    thanks a lot for this very nice software ! I've been impressed and very happy after many days looking for a vnc software for touchpad , very good work !
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast