Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Logmein would make me a very happy man. I'll pay $50 for it just like I did for NDrive USA on my Pre2.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I don't think logmein is inclined to develop a touchpad version, but we could try to let them know. Log in to your account there, go to support tab, choose communities and search for touchpad after you create a login name for the board. Add your request to the currently rather short list...
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Just went to communities.logmein.com and touchpad is at the top of the top kudoed posts list..

...with port to webOS as the next 4 results..

Using RDP+ Web from TouchPad to control Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) seems to work. I owe you lunch, SMR! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by smr View Post
    RDP is clearly THE app that makes the Touchpad worthwhile - and it needs to be a NATIVE APP.

Until that exists, here is a workaround - back from my Treo years.

Go to web.rdmplus.com

It does take a client install on each computer (we need a NATIVE APP, bad), but the fee is a one-time fee ever (not sure what the revenue model is here) - not per install and not per period of time.

I have tested this with my Touchpad - and it works. You will need the wireless keyboard to enter text or login - but it works fine if you have it.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Tried Teamviewer using the link for the TouchPad and the app for the mac and I could see the mac screen on the TouchPad. But I couldn't download files and mouse didn't seem to work so well with selecting files on the mac.

Also I had to input the code I see on the mac so I'm not sure how I could access this again tomorrow night from the hotel room. I need to understand security as well.

For this trip tomorrow I uploaded a file or 2 to google docs in case I need to edit (not a long term solution but Ok for this one file).
    QuickOffice found also the word docs I sideloaded. But not the excel docs, I needed to email those to myself before QuickOffice was able to find them.

I actually emailed Teamviewer last week and asked if they were going to support or plan to have a WebOS version and here is their reply:

"Thank you very much for your inquiry and your interest in a TeamViewer version for WebOS.

We are currently observing the development of the iPhone, iPad and Android App in order to be able to make any further decisions concerning the development of applications for other mobile devices.

We would be happy to add you to our mailing list and inform you as soon as a solution for HP WebOS will be released.
    "
    logmein works with the internet browser of the TP, but the virtual keyboard is not active...
    can manually activate the virtual keyboard ?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurentP View Post
    logmein works with the internet browser of the TP, but the virtual keyboard is not active...
    yeah that sounds like a worthy project for our patch dev heroes...
    brum likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Just went to communities.logmein.com and touchpad is at the top of the top kudoed posts list..

requested it in communities Ignition and also in this link below:

Re: LogMeIn for HP webOS: TouchPad & Pre - Page 3 - LogMeIn Community
    I have posted in both the logmein webOS and ignition threads.

regards
    graylion
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I use LogMeIn from time to time, but less all the time, as the free version requires that software be installed on the remote PC that requires my login on the PC, only helpful if I am there at some point, to anticipate needing the connection later. But this type of situation is perfectly fine for remote controlling my own PC from a laptop (or Touchpad when I get one some day), so for that LogMeIn would be great, free preferred, but Ignition likely necessary if they ever develop it.

GoToMeeting was mentioned earlier in this thread, and while not the same as LogMeIn, as it was mentioned, thought I would through in my 2 cents about it and other options.

I considered GoToMeeting as a remote assistance provider and it works to be sure, lets me remote control a PC, lets me share my screen, lets me give control on my PC to the other person in the meeting, etc. BUT, there is a superior service that is free, and ultimately, this is the service I would like to see apps on the Touchpad developed for, its called Mikogo. Their new version 4 is every bit as good as GoToMeeting, and even better I think. It give the other attendees the option of either using browser only access (no file to install) or to install a small file for more in-meeting options. (GoToMeeting requires a file be installed, in all cases).

Take a look at Mikogo, if you are using GotoMeeting, Mikogo will save you a few hundred bucks a year.

If you are a webOS developer, can an app for Mikogo be developed?

I am not very optimistic for speedy development, seems that Mikogo would need to support such development, and as they don't claim to be an enterprise software (they have a paid app called BeamYourScreen), they might not move so fast with development. There is some discussion of iphone/ipad access, so it is possible.

Though this might not be developed into webOS apps, I did want to throw this out there anyway just in case, however, and at least my webOS friends can know about Mikogo and stop paying GoToMeeting prices.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    sorli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurentP View Post
    What I've been doing is using the on screen keyboard on the host computer to be able to type.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Ehr, how do you log into a password protected PC then?
    With the on screen keyboard. I suppose this is only good for windows 7 or possibly vista machines.

the virtual keyboard is present back to xp at least... But how do you invoke the virtual keyboard from a touchpad? I can't manage to launch any icon via a web based session on the tp.
    From a machine I plan on controlling remotely, I put a shortcut for the windows virtual keyboard on the taskbar and I turn the screen resolution down so I can (somewhat, barely) read the text. Otherwise you can launch it from the start menu,

Hey guys.. I have a beta version of the VNC app I just created (not really ) . This is an HTML/JSJSJS $app$ ($ported$ $noVNC$ - $an$ $open$ $source$ $client$). $Since$ $it$ $is$ $not$ $a$ $PDK$ $app$, $it$ $may$ $not$ $perform$ $very$ $well$. $Still$, $it$ $works$.

Please note the following:
    1) It may not work well with the latest VNC server on Macs. Use Vine Server or any other VNC server available for Mac instead.
    2) This app needs to have a password for authentication. I have not enabled connection to VNC servers without authentication.
    3) Check FAQs section for lot of other common questions and answers.
    4) This app will not work well in case you have to watch videos on the remote machine.
    5) One important point to note - If this app gets stuck, there are two ways to exit out of it.
    a) If you are a developer, you can find the process using more than 90% of the CPU and kill that (ssh into the device and use top command to find running processes).
    b) Restart the device. Press Power Button and Home Button together for about 15 seconds.
    6) If you have some questions unanswered, I would suggest you to post them on the FAQ website. I will answer them over there.

Please try it at your own risk.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0m...1NzNh&hl=en_US
    Tried connecting to XP using VNC Server Enterprise Edition 4.5(r21561) and it just sits at the blank white screen after i hit login.
    Did you see some error messages in the notification area? If you could PM me the log from TouchPad, I can check what the issue is.. Hope you gave the ipaddress instead of machine name..

Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    Tried connecting to XP using VNC Server Enterprise Edition 4.5(r21561) and it just sits at the blank white screen after i hit login.
    where would the log be? Nope, there were no error messages. Screen was just blank, and yes, i'm using IP address not name.

AND I am on the same network. I am able to use the ubuntu chroot to rdp into my computer.
    Connect the TouchPad using USB cable.
    Open command prompt (assuming that you already have the SDK installed)
    Run the following command : "palm-log com.prenewbie.rcontrol"

Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    where would the log be? Nope, there were no error messages. Screen was just blank, and yes, i'm using IP address not name.

AND I am on the same network. I am able to use the ubuntu chroot to rdp into my computer.
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast