Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    +1 vote

Please someone with many followers in the community can tweet the link from post #82. Thanks
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post

For anyone who doesn't know, SplashTop is a RDP client designed for mobile and tablet touchscreen interfaces and their product works very well on webOS 2.1 or prior, but needs some polishing and updates for 3.0.
    Splashtop is *not* an RDP client.

It is a well-liked client/server setup to remote back to machines where the Splashtop server component has been installed. In that regard, people are happy with it, but it is not an RDP client.

-M
    Hi,
    Can someone who is willing to test a vnc app, PM me? I will send you the ipk and you can load it on to your TP to test it out. I was partially successful in testing it from a mac and windows machine using emulator.. I need to know if it will work fine on the device before proceeding further..

Thanks..
    -Check out my free Groupon app for TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I voted and I'm sure they'll need more votes...so do you part please!

For anyone who doesn't know, SplashTop is a RDP client designed for mobile and tablet touchscreen interfaces and their product works very well on webOS 2.1 or prior, but needs some polishing and updates for 3.0.

They referenced working on an update that support webOS tablets, but the more people chime in...the more motivated their R&D will be. Sorli...
    So are you saying splashtop runs on pre - running 1.4.5????
    Thank you for your efforts I can see you are already on the road to success!

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by PreNewbieSV View Post
    Hi,
    Can someone who is willing to test a vnc app, PM me? I will send you the ipk and you can load it on to your TP to test it out. I was partially successful in testing it from a mac and windows machine using emulator.. I need to know if it will work fine on the device before proceeding further..

Thanks..
    -Check out my free Groupon app for TouchPad.
    graylion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Splashtop is *not* an RDP client.

It is a well-liked client/server setup to remote back to machines where the Splashtop server component has been installed. In that regard, people are happy with it, but it is not an RDP client.

-M
    This. I downloaded splashtop HD on android as it said something about RDP on it and the comments, but then I refunded my purchase after a minute or two as it needed a special server installed, NO THANKS!
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Just voted at Splashtop support.
    +1 vote for Splashtop.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I would +1 Splashtop, however I need an RDP client. That's it. Just RDP. I can then use any server workstation on my corporate (and personal) network without installing 3rd party server applets (which would definitely be a no-go in the workplace).
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have been waiting for an RDP client app to be created before I buy the TouchPad. Is there a working RDP app available now?
    Not that I know of, but that's something I'm really waiting for as well. Something like Splashtop would be good, but a real RDP client would be ideal.
    I've seen one report of someone getting the Ubuntu VNC client to work in TouchPad Ubuntu via Xecutah and the XServer in the WebOS Internals testing feeds.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    slapshot wouldnt help me. I'm not installing a third party server app on 100's of servers! I REALLY hope HP is working on their own (real) RDP app.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    slapshot wouldnt help me. I'm not installing a third party server app on 100's of servers! I REALLY hope HP is working on their own (real) RDP app.
    don't count on HP doing it, they want to sell citrix solutions!
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Quote Originally Posted by zig2mon View Post
    I have been waiting for an RDP client app to be created before I buy the TouchPad. Is there a working RDP app available now?
    I've been playing around with the Xserver/XTerm/Ubuntu Chroot setup and I can report that the Gnome-RDP/rdesktop - the linux implementation of RDP installs and runs very nicely under WebOS Internals' Xserver/Ubuntu Chroot setup!

I connected to 1)Vista 32bit, 2)Win7 32bit, & 3)Win7 64bit. I'm using LXDE as a window manager rather than a full gnome desktop but the Gnome RDP works fine.
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 07/23/2011 at 02:21 AM.
    sracercelica and jake2600 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I've been playing around with the Xserver/XTerm/Ubuntu Chroot setup and I can report that the Gnome-RDP/rdesktop - the linux implementation of RDP installs and runs very nicely under WebOS Internals' Xserver/Ubuntu Chroot setup!

I connected to 1)Vista 32bit, 2)Win7 32bit, & 3)Win7 64bit. I'm using LXDE as a window manager rather than a full gnome desktop but the Gnome RDP works fine.
    Kay, it sounds like from what you are saying that I could securely access my macbook at home from a remote hotel room using wifi or free tether.

If that is the case, and if you have time, it would be helpful to get step-by-step instructions of how to do this. I'm sure there are many forum members who could benefit.
    I have ubuntu chroot setup with icewm, libreoffice, and chromium. I'm a Linux newbie so this is all fresh to me.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Kay, it sounds like from what you are saying that I could securely access my macbook at home from a remote hotel room using wifi or free tether.

If that is the case, and if you have time, it would be helpful to get step-by-step instructions of how to do this. I'm sure there are many forum members who could benefit.
    I have ubuntu chroot setup with icewm, libreoffice, and chromium. I'm a Linux newbie so this is all fresh to me.
    Thanks!
    I've been thinking that a tutorial might be good to assemble but I keep expecting someone to beat me to it. But specifically to get RDP use:

'apt-get install gnome-rdp' and 'apt-get install rdesktop'

To search for apps, it is easier to use Synaptic Package Manager (apt-get install synaptic). The you can just do a search for "RDP" and you can install it all at once.

I'm settled on the LXDE window manager instead of icewm because it seem to integrate better with Gnome desktop functionality generally - plus there's a cool launcher (used alot on netbook setups, I guess) called LXLauncher.

Also, using Ubuntu you can use Chromium+Java to connect with a VNC server as well (you have to install Java anyway to use LibreOffice.) EDIT: Isn't there a VNC server built directly into the MAC OS now? 'apt-get install xtightvncviewer' should get the "Gnome-RDP' app to work through that interface or try TightVNC Server on the MAC and enable the Java Server and then just browse to the correct IP using Chromium!

BTW, (not to hijack the thread), but there's a suggestion in the Xserver thread to use the /media/cryptofs directory for an image file (if you don't want to DR) which will avoid the issues with USB connections. It works! The only caveat is an OS download limit of 2GB in those directories. With what I've got installed now (Office suite, LXDE, Chromium, Firefox, VNC, RDP) , I've still got a little over 500M left. Also, some flash support for Chromium and FF.

Cheers!
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 07/23/2011 at 02:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post

I've tried this before but it no where as good as a native app. Most people won't go through the bother and complexity of installing X-server and they will probably be disappointed in the results as I was.
    A native RDP app for TouchPad be a definite deal maker for me.
    insane42 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I spent this morning messing with a remote desktop app implementation. Ive got VNC almost going and found good resources on RDP. I should be able to get an app out soon that does both!
    Hi ETX

Any updates on your efforts regarding RDP?

You got us sitting on the edges of our seats here with baited breath...

(i.e. smelly furniture is happening!)

russ
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast