Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    there are a lot of us pulling for you.
    I've messed with some vnc libs. The performance is pretty bad. I've also been messing with windows RDP protocol and its nicer, but I'm going to have to rewrite a ton of code to use SDL so it's going to take some time. And I've got two other apps to finish up as well. But I'll get to it asap.
    hrminer92 and hparsons like this.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I played with guacamole which allows VNC to be run in any HTML5 browser. Unfortunately, the TouchPad browser fails with an "Error 500" even though the guacamole logs say that the VNC desktop was negotiated successfully. I'm not sure what the problem is but I might try it in the emulator to see if I can get some diagnostics.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I've messed with some vnc libs. The performance is pretty bad. I've also been messing with windows RDP protocol and its nicer, but I'm going to have to rewrite a ton of code to use SDL so it's going to take some time. And I've got two other apps to finish up as well. But I'll get to it asap.
    RDP is the one I'm anxious for over VNC. Let me know if you'd like any beta testing help once you get to it. Also, feel free to setup a donation link, I'd happily throw some dollars in your direction for this app!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I've seen first hand that this works. The TeamViewer website is a flash based viewer that you use on your Touchpad and use the regular client on your desktop.

Yeah, viewing works, single mouse clicking, BUT NOT KEYBOARD... its kinda like the the QuickOffice solution.... view but no edit... ;-)
    need RDP client ... will pay...
    hope etx and anyone else gets it working.

Log Me In Pro looks great on the HP TouchPad, but the tp browser does not work with the on screen keyboard in the remote session.

LMI for webOS thread for those wanting to submit request to LMI.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Where are the Rods of this world when you need them
    Busy doing this:

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    etx, crg28, ka1 and 9 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    hope etx and anyone else gets it working.
    I'm working on it, it's just a matter of time. I think people are going to like the first two other apps I'm working on a lot too.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    If you have a Logmein account and would like to add your voice, log in to Logmein.com, go to 'Support' and at the bottom of the menu is 'Community'. Add a comment to the HP touchpad thread... I would love to have logmein on the touchpad as it is a great way to walk around the office and still have your desktop in hand. I don't think it is a substitute for a good RDP client though as our server is always on, but my desktop is not....
    Last edited by jazzdoc; 07/12/2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: put in title
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Thanks for sharing. I posted to the LogMeIn thread as well. Fingers crossed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Busy doing this:

-- Rod
    dude! That looks awesome .
    My patches:

All my patches are available in Preware.
    if your interested, setup a VNC server and make it web accessible... Then connect from Free Web-based VNC Viewer - SmartCode Solutions
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Sadly, according to the company they are not planning a TouchPad version of LogMeIn Ignition. That might change in the future but not on the roadmap currently.
    James Kendrick
    Technology Blogger - ZDNet Mobile News
    ZDNet/ CBS Interactive
    SmartCode solutions doesn't work. Requires ActiveX
    Quote Originally Posted by jkendrick View Post
    Sadly, according to the company they are not planning a TouchPad version of LogMeIn Ignition. That might change in the future but not on the roadmap currently.
    hopefully they will get enough inquiries in the near future to add it.
    I see pandas.
    This is good news. Please keep us filled in!!!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Did a web search and found that Splashtop have a webos tool for the pre 2 -

Come on Splashtop bring it out for the touch pad

I voted with this guy here

I'd really like to see support for HP TouchPad - WebOS 3.0 : Splashtop Remote - Support
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Very few votes so far gotta be able to get that into the hundreds!
    Quote Originally Posted by stecolman View Post
    Did a web search and found that Splashtop have a webos tool for the pre 2 -

Come on Splashtop bring it out for the touch pad

I voted with this guy here

I'd really like to see support for HP TouchPad - WebOS 3.0 : Splashtop Remote - Support
    I voted and I'm sure they'll need more votes...so do you part please!

For anyone who doesn't know, SplashTop is a RDP client designed for mobile and tablet touchscreen interfaces and their product works very well on webOS 2.1 or prior, but needs some polishing and updates for 3.0.

They referenced working on an update that support webOS tablets, but the more people chime in...the more motivated their R&D will be. Sorli...
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast