Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    RDP and VNC!

Let's have it all for once.
    What he said!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Yes... please. A decent RDP client would complete the TouchPad.
    jetsetter883 likes this.
    +1 for a RDP client and VNC client!!!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I'd also pay, and help test, for a RDP client.

HP is trying to also market the Touchpad as a buisness device. Hopefully someone is working on it. HP really should as RDP is something sys and app admins would use a lot. Coupled with the VPN it could make a really useful business device.
    WebOS Devices: Palm Pre-, HP Touchpad
    Android: HTC G1, HTC Evo 4G
    Haven't tried this yet on my TouchPad, but will try it tonight:

Ericom® AccessNow™

This is an HTML5/JavaScript RDP client. It works great in Chrome.

Edit: This works on TouchPad!

Also found an open source (GPL2) JavaScript client called noVNC on GitHub. It also works in Chrome.

Assuming the WebKit browser in webOS 3 is current, someone with more JavaScript experience than I should be able to port these.
    Last edited by dgdonovan; 07/06/2011 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Tested Ericom AccessNow RDP client
    Dan Donovan
    Tried Teamviewer using the link for the TouchPad and the app for the mac and I could see the mac screen on the TouchPad. But I couldn't download files and mouse didn't seem to work so well with selecting files on the mac.

Also I had to input the code I see on the mac so I'm not sure how I could access this again tomorrow night from the hotel room. I need to understand security as well.

For this trip tomorrow I uploaded a file or 2 to google docs in case I need to edit (not a long term solution but Ok for this one file).
    QuickOffice found also the word docs I sideloaded. But not the excel docs, I needed to email those to myself before QuickOffice was able to find them.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    Haven't tried this yet on my TouchPad, but will try it tonight:

Ericom® AccessNow™

This is an HTML5/JavaScript RDP client. It works great in Chrome.

Also found an open source (GPL2) JavaScript client called noVNC on GitHub. It also works in Chrome.

Assuming the WebKit browser in webOS 3 is current, someone with more JavaScript experience than I should be able to port these.
    Couldn't double-click or bring up a keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Couldn't double-click or bring up a keyboard.
    Yeah, you would need the BlueTooth keyboard. After reading the doc on this product, it looks as if it doesn't speak RDP at the browser level. It seems to use the JavaScript WebSockets library to communicate with their own RDP proxy server running on the TS host.
    Dan Donovan
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    Yeah, you would need the BlueTooth keyboard. After reading the doc on this product, it looks as if it doesn't speak RDP at the browser level. It seems to use the JavaScript WebSockets library to communicate with their own RDP proxy server running on the TS host.
    Ewww... I am NOT a fan of 3rd party proxy servers touching my data. We just need a direct RDP client with a couple of on-screen buttons for shortcuts. With that, I could do 90% of what I need over the VPN connection.

That and Good eMail client support, but that's for a different thread.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    +1 for an RDP client. The TP is not an enterprise-ready device without this basic functionality.
    The only thing stopping me from having my employees(12) having one each is the lack of Teamviewer or Logmein. I have contacted Teamviewer and they said they are interested. I have not contacted Logmein yet.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    i would totally pay good money for BOTH an RDP and VNC client since I work with systems that use both.

Web based solutions like Team Viewer would be nice, but most of my clients don't allow installation of these kinds of apps.

-Jeremy
    I've been asking for an RDP app for the Pre for years now. But now that the TouchPad is out it just feels like a must have app. I hate to depend on my laptop for checking simple things on the servers.
    CWFlink likes this.
    I too would pay $ for a VNC app.
    The one I use on my iPad is great and the one thing that makes me keep reaching for it over my TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    rdp with remote desktop server gateway server abilities would be awesome. Then no need for vpn. Definitely would pay good money for it.
    etx,
    Now that this thread is one of the hottest and most viewed threads on PC:

I think you should expect a lot of that interest translating into sales for that VNC/RDP app

Godspeed!
    +1 on buying and beta testing a rdp solution for touchpad
    hello all..

Since I saw this thread last week, I have been trying to create a VNC viewer using the SDL VNC package..however, I could not progress much.

After that I ported noVNC to my TouchPad emulator and it worked fine! I was able to connect to my mbp. However, to make it work, I had to run websocket on my mbp (as mentioned in noVNC documentation.)

Right now I am trying to see if I can take out that dependency of having to run websocket on our computer.. I hope that I will be able to make some progress by end of this weekend..

I will keep you posted if that works fine..

I will definitely need some folks to test it out..

Thanks..
    -Check out my first app for TouchPad.
    graylion, bb147 and jake2600 like this.
    this is great news!
    graylion
    this is great news!
    +100
    graylion
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast