Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I spent this morning messing with a remote desktop app implementation. Ive got VNC almost going and found good resources on RDP. I should be able to get an app out soon that does both!
    If you come up with a no software install solution, you will find many people willing to pay money for this. Especially if it does both VNC and RDP, that would be huge!!!

If you need any beta testers, I'm here for you buddy
    irwinr12 likes this.
    I spent this morning messing with a remote desktop app implementation. Ive got VNC almost going and found good resources on RDP. I should be able to get an app out soon that does both!
    yep glad to betatest...
    I'll start a thread when I get something going. I still need to finish my boxee remote app up and my time is spread so thin lately.
    I'll be happy to test a beta VNC app! One of my favorite apps on my ipad is VNC viewer.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    What do people suggest I try with a mac?

I'm going to get the tablet and immediately take it on a 2 day biz trip this Thurs, that would be a good test for me. I will definitely need to look up word and excel docs, don't know yet if I will need to edit so I would like to have a remote solution available.
    the app I use on my macs is Chicken of the VNC its a little old and doesnt have a great amount of features but its VNC compatible and free.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    I will *buy* a functional RDP app. With real $$.
    Make it, and I'll support it.
    Ditto.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I tried to post earlier, but I completely agree that I will buy, and help beta test a remote desktop app that allows me to access my work computer remotely. That would really take the Touchpad from fun toy to functional work item.
    Last edited by stevieq; 07/04/2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: typo
    +1 on the willing to pay $'s.

Though I gotta tell y'all - if HP is really going after the enterprise end of the market, how the heck can they release the TP without built-in RDP functionality (or even an inkling about HP WorkPlace schtuff).

russ
    Tikkanen likes this.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    count me in for beta testing and paying for a remote desktop solution.
    If we just had java, we could run the vnc web interface. That would be sweet.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    fage88 likes this.
    We will pay!

graylion
    I may be using this product wrong.

If you could provide a bullet walk through of connecting and using TeamViewer with the HP Touchpad connecting to a Windows Notebook that would be grand. I will need to access the desktop, open programs, close programs, etc. Also I must be able to Alt Control Delete for windows network logon.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I've seen first hand that this works. The TeamViewer website is a flash based viewer that you use on your Touchpad and use the regular client on your desktop.
    graylion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    If we just had java, we could run the vnc web interface. That would be sweet.
    Or the Citrix-based "GoToMyPC"
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Does 'GoToMyPC' work using the touchpad? Logmein almost does. I can log into my PC but the screen layout is off and it's very pixilated.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    What do people suggest I try with a mac?

I'm going to get the tablet and immediately take it on a 2 day biz trip this Thurs, that would be a good test for me. I will definitely need to look up word and excel docs, don't know yet if I will need to edit so I would like to have a remote solution available.
    OS X has vnc built in so it's the no-brainer choice if you want to control your mac from your tablet.
    rdesktop is a linux app that works well with windows 2000 up to 2008 R2 well, but it is GPL based so would need to have a donate function to be paid out to the developer that coudl bring it to webos.

While I don't have a touchpad, I'd give $10 to a dev that can bring it to webos (I would like to get a pre 3 should it come to sprint)
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    OS X has vnc built in so it's the no-brainer choice if you want to control your mac from your tablet.
    Thanks. Can someone point me to a tutorial for set up, security and remote access client for the TouchPad? If I can get this set up, I will let you know how it goes this week as I go on the road.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Thanks. Can someone point me to a tutorial for set up, security and remote access client for the TouchPad? If I can get this set up, I will let you know how it goes this week as I go on the road.
    I don't have a TouchPad (still pondering one as I already have an iPad2) so I can't comment on the TouchPad side of things. On the Mac you just go to System Preferences -> Sharing and enable Remote Login. This enables the VNC server for users that you specify.
    Let's start a bounty for the first Dev to make an RDP app for us..
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Let's start a bounty for the first Dev to make an RDP app for us..

RDP and VNC!

Let's have it all for once.
    knauerhase likes this.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast