Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Hi Chris,
    it seems like the failure is sitting in front of the machine ...
    I just needed to give the username as first parameter and the IP as second - and not the other way round like I always tried.
    So everything is fine now.
    Thank you
    BTW: If you search the app store for RDP or "Remote Desktop Client" there is a native application (doesn't depend on X) in the app store that talks RDP v5.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    with syllogithm i have double click problems (even @ slowest double click rate in windows) and right click on trashcan to empty it is also nearly impossible.

but of course ... better than nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by jrlinton View Post
    BTW: If you search the app store for RDP or "Remote Desktop Client" there is a native application (doesn't depend on X) in the app store that talks RDP v5.
    Cool, looks like someone packed up what I was originally trying to do but just didn't have time in the past couple weeks. They compiled/packaged up rdesktop and tossed it in the store. I'll check it out, looks like folks are having some weird problems with it here and there, but if the dev cares about the app, they'll figure it all out and fix it up in time.

AT least now I don't 'have' to do this anymore. hah. Work has slammed me to the wall the past couple weeks and I barely got my compiler working to build rdesktop on my own. Guess with this I may not have to bother. I was only ever gonna get it working nicely in Xwindows.

--Chris
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I can't see it in the UK store

Alan
    can't see in free either. Any possibility someone could link to dev homepage so I can email and try to buy ipk?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theonlyix View Post
    can't see in free either. Any possibility someone could link to dev homepage so I can email and try to buy ipk?
    I believe the HP App Catalog terms will prevent the developer from selling outside the catalog, however here is the support site:

SourceForge.net: rdesktop SDL - Support
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by Theonlyix View Post
    It's not free, they're charging .99US for it.

I installed it, not bad. No 'tweakable' options for it, but less effort to make work then the xwindows thing. Plus you can right-click and view/dismiss the keyboard. So you can do virtual onscreen keyboard while still in 1024x768 RDP mode. Has a fe little bugs and annoyances, but hopefully over time they'll improve it.

--Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I believe the HP App Catalog terms will prevent the developer from selling outside the catalog, however here is the support site:

SourceForge.net: rdesktop SDL - Support
    Unless the terms were changed from when Palm was a separate company, a developer can opt to have it not in the App catalog and distribute it via the web.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Unless the terms were changed from when Palm was a separate company, a developer can opt to have it not in the App catalog and distribute it via the web.
    That Is probably still the case, however this developer chose to put his app in the App Catalog.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    isnt it illegal to earn money with sourceforge apps code ?
    No.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    rdesktop is GPL, selling it is allowed, think redhat. I started the rdesktop SDL sourceforge project and the .99 is more to cover some basic expenses (think bluetooth keyboard, and hosting) than to make any money. Anyway, its native sdl without X or any major libs besides openssl. So it wasn't exactly a recompile.... If someone wants the code just pm me.. It will be posted soon but right now is changing fairly rapidly, and cleaning it up for public consumption (possible integration back into rdesktop, rather than a fork) has taken a back seat to fixing things.
    oh, it should show up in the uk, catalog real soon now... The next update is under review and adds a few more countries. I'm adding them couple at a time in case something goes wrong.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    If this rdp is "like" or comparable to GNOME-rdp, I don't mind testing it AND paying $0.99. I'm a Debian user (only machine at home is squeeze 64bit) and quite happy with gnome-RDP over IPSEC(hardware VPN) to my workstation.

Also 1024x768 is not a bad setting on a 8.9 inch TP.

Thanks and looking forward to get it installed.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    rdesktop is GPL, selling it is allowed, think redhat. I started the rdesktop SDL sourceforge project and the .99 is more to cover some basic expenses (think bluetooth keyboard, and hosting) than to make any money. Anyway, its native sdl without X or any major libs besides openssl. So it wasn't exactly a recompile.... If someone wants the code just pm me.. It will be posted soon but right now is changing fairly rapidly, and cleaning it up for public consumption (possible integration back into rdesktop, rather than a fork) has taken a back seat to fixing things.
    please, add it to the French store. Thank you !
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    +1 for Splashtop.

Just have a question regarding the flash based teamviewer

https://wa103.teamviewer.com/p/

For some reason when I try to use this, authentication fails. I can't connect. I actually have more than a couple computers here at home and I've been using teamviewer before. However, I was using the actually teamviewer program which works fine.

I've tried the teamviewer flash-based both on my touchpad and other computers. All of them throws me authentication error. Again, the Windows program works fine.

Is there something I need to do in order for me to use the flash-based teamviewer. Actually this is my first time seeing this. I never knew there was a flash-based teamviewer.

Thanks.
    I have this same problem. Anyone figure it out?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    oh, it should show up in the uk, catalog real soon now... The next update is under review and adds a few more countries. I'm adding them couple at a time in case something goes wrong.
    No sign of it in the UK store as yet.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Neither in the French store :-(
    nothing in Canada either :-(