Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Splashtop HD on Honeycomb is awesome. On my Galaxy tab 10.1, I can watch video as if my tablet was my PC's secondary monitor. That's how smooth the video is.

Looking forward to getting it on the Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    +1 for Splashtop.

Just have a question regarding the flash based teamviewer

https://wa103.teamviewer.com/p/

For some reason when I try to use this, authentication fails. I can't connect. I actually have more than a couple computers here at home and I've been using teamviewer before. However, I was using the actually teamviewer program which works fine.

I've tried the teamviewer flash-based both on my touchpad and other computers. All of them throws me authentication error. Again, the Windows program works fine.

Is there something I need to do in order for me to use the flash-based teamviewer. Actually this is my first time seeing this. I never knew there was a flash-based teamviewer.

Thanks.
    well for me there was issues with that teamviewer in that you could scroll but not click anything. Overall it was pretty worthless.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    in the android world I ended up going with the '2x' client, I think they may be the best bet to encourage to come to webos as well.
    2X is great on my Epic and lite. I've used it a few times for work.
    While we here at webOS are struggling to get just one RDP app, over at Android they have 196 such apps. Don't get me wrong I love webOS but too many people are settling for whatever is on webOS. There's a compelling reason to look on the other side of the fence when you see this kind of disparity.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    While we here at webOS are struggling to get just one RDP app, over at Android they have 196 such apps. Don't get me wrong I love webOS but too many people are settling for whatever is on webOS. There's a compelling reason to look on the other side of the fence when you see this kind of disparity.
    Disappointing but I don't care for android. I'd rather install ubuntu and use logmein on the chromium browser (thank g*d for webos-internals).
    196 such apps, great, but how many are actually quality and not BS apps that barely work. Probably 5-10% of those.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    196 such apps, great, but how many are actually quality and not BS apps that barely work. Probably 5-10% of those.
    That's a lame argument when all anyone needs is 1 app to do the job. And according to you Android has between 10-20 great RDP apps compared to 0 apps for webOS.
    Last edited by deesugar; 09/02/2011 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Disappointing but I don't care for android. I'd rather install ubuntu and use logmein on the chromium browser (thank g*d for webos-internals).
    Has rdesktop been ported to that version of Ubuntu?
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Has rdesktop been ported to that version of Ubuntu?
    Ubuntu doesn't need to have anything ported. It already has rdesktop and tsclient as well as other good RDP and VNC apps. But you're still running an OS ontop of another OS, so it's not going to run as fast and you're using a lot of memory to accomplish this.

FYI for Ubuntu:
    Install the backend:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install rdesktop
    Install the GUI interface to it:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install tsclient
    Ubuntu doesn't need to have anything ported. It already has rdesktop and tsclient as well as other good RDP and VNC apps. But you're still running an OS ontop of another OS, so it's not going to run as fast and you're using a lot of memory to accomplish this.

FYI for Ubuntu:
    Install the backend:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install rdesktop
    Install the GUI interface to it:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install tsclient
    Actually, Remmina works even better:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remmina
    Edit:Fixed - I was so worried about auto-correct changing sudo to suds . .
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 09/02/2011 at 07:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Is it remmina?

Actually I'm familiar with gnome-RDP over Cisco Anycoonect on Debian Squeeze64. The settings works great! 1024x768 (xp displayed on my Linux workstation) and 1280x1024 on the target host. Works pretty fast and so far stable.

Now just real RDP client will make my tp more usable
    Hi all,

Posted this in another thread too, there's another option for remote desktop called Thinvnc. It's not ideal--there's a dialog box before you actually connect, performance is usable but nothing like actual vnc, and you have to install a proprietary server. It uses the Touchpad's browser as the client.

BTW, for people familiar with RDP, does it still log out the local user when you connect? I tried it back in the Vista days (maybe XP?) and didn't see any obvious way to change that behavior. Can that be done?
    thank you PreNewbieSV for your app it works great on windows7 with tightvnc!
    Rdesktop also works for me very well when paired with Tight VNC on Win7, great job porting this over!
    So, any interest in something like this?
    What I've got in the works is a frontend for rdesktop/xvnc clients (via Xserver), and I'm working on compiling a version of xrdp/xvnc that don't require the full ubuntu chroot.

Right now this app is totally nonfunctional save for the UI, which I'll be finishing up here in a day or so...

Pretty good for having zero experience with WebOS before this week
    Android's been my specialty, but I figured I want a rdp client too, so I might as well get to it!

Let me know what you think...
    Thanks!
    @thecubed nice to see developers from other platforms taking the plunge! I've no idea what sort of time-frame you need to accomplish this, but hopefully it's sooner, than later

Might I add for a first post....stellar!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    @thecubed nice to see developers from other platforms taking the plunge! I've no idea what sort of time-frame you need to accomplish this, but hopefully it's sooner, than later

Might I add for a first post....stellar!
    Timeframe for finished UI (save/restore connections, edit connections, delete connections): should be around 7 days or less...

Timeframe for working application: not quite sure yet-- need to figure out how to launch a shell script from the javascript code... (do we have enyo.Native or something like that?)

The major time suck will be getting Rdesktop recompiled for webOS rather than the ubuntu chroot...
    (I suppose I could cheat and just use LD_PRELOAD and package the ubuntu libc and other libs.. would increase the size of the package by a few megs though)

Thanks for the kind words!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I am very interested in your Rdesktop port.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    thecubed, if you can get that to work, then it's really only a matter of time before some bright person decides to port it to work on whatever the hell the webOS GUI is called.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast