Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    Will you be adding this app to Preware any time soon?
    for those looking for a remote deskop app, there you go: Splashtop - You asked for it! We listened!

Splashtop app coming
    Sounds cool, I haven't really looked into it too much. Does this mean I could run ANY program that's on my pc on my TouchPad?

The program I'd be interested mostly with is http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php lol, look at that...iPad app go figure....haven't been to their website since before iPads

anyway, I have the full program on my PC, and it would be nice to use on my TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Sounds cool, I haven't really looked into it too much. Does this mean I could run ANY program that's on my pc on my TouchPad?

The program I'd be interested mostly with is http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php lol, look at that...iPad app go figure....haven't been to their website since before iPads

anyway, I have the full program on my PC, and it would be nice to use on my TouchPad.
    Yes any program, technically you are running any program on your pc from your Touchpad, but yeah same thing :P. I cannot wait for Splashtop.
    Nice. Looking forward to it

I've yet to be disappointed with my TouchPad. Things like doc editing, PDF viewing were of no concern to me as they really don't apply to my to my daily use. For a "dead" device/platform, things keep looking better day by day.
    Dude, this is great! Thanks for your effort in coding this.
    What would be absolutely awesome would be the ability to save a shortcut to a particular box so you can open a VNC connection to it with a single click...
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    For the slashtop app, does it work with native windows RDP or do you have to install something on the target computer for slashtop to interface with it?
    I looked at the splashtop page and it seems like it uses a special server on the computer end. I want to see a remote desktop that uses RDP regardless of any installed software on the pc end.
    Splashtop is nice and all, but I'll only pay for it if it works with pure RDP as well as their server daemon.

I really just want RDP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I also use Teamviewer and it works good enough. They also have a native iphone APP and Desktop app that work awesome.

Oh and Teamviewer is free for personal use.
    Last edited by djphatjive; 09/01/2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: more info
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Splashtop is nice and all, but I'll only pay for it if it works with pure RDP as well as their server daemon.

I really just want RDP!!!
    Splashtop doesn't work with windows native RDP (or pure RDP), that's tough for most people and I'm sure you all have your reasons- but, there really is no other remote desktop software like Splashtop. None that I have found anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    Splashtop doesn't work with windows native RDP (or pure RDP), that's tough for most people and I'm sure you all have your reasons- but, there really is no other remote desktop software like Splashtop. None that I have found anyways.
    Only problem is that I can't install a 3rd party remote access daemon on any of the serrvers that I typically access with RDP. It would be fine at home, but even there I'd much rather have native RDP.

I guess myself and countless others are in the same spot. Just keep hoping someone out there comes to the webOS rescue. =/
    The problem with Splashtop is that it reduces the screen resolution on your desktop while it is connected, which can leave the desktop messed up after you exit. At least, in the free Android (can I use that word here?) version.
    Last edited by Ozpeter; 09/02/2011 at 05:17 AM.
    The problem with Splashtop is it's for home users and a lot of people are looking for a real professional RDP solution that works with real RDP protocols.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    The problem with Splashtop is that it reduces the screen resolution on your desktop while it is connected, which can leave the desktop messed up after you exit. At least, in the free version.
    I don't recall having that problem.
    can't nearly all home solutions be scaled up to practical application for a professional?... Maybe a bit gheto rigged, but honestly, functionality is functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    can't nearly all home solutions be scaled up to practical application for a professional?... Maybe a bit gheto rigged, but honestly, functionality is functionality.
    Why would anyone want to install Splashtop's stupid proprietary server app on 100's or 1,000's of PC's and servers when those computers run RDP out of the box?!?
    uhm because if no better option exists? Plus its not like its hard to create a system image to load on all servers at once. You make it sound like moving a single program onto a server cluster is some tenuous task... It isn't... In fact any professional network would be quite easy to update with a new program.

splashtop is damn good software, if you can afford better than stock.... Why not? What makes the default a better option other than cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    uhm because if no better option exists?
    My laptop exists and works fine without having to monkey around on a corporate network.

I'm in no hurry to make network changes just so I can use my TP. There's already a promising VNC app for the TP and I think a real RDP app will make it's way soon.
    The debian & ubuntu chroots have great solutions for RDP but the nice thing about spashtop on the TP is the ability to pinch-zoom and other little native advantages. I'm looking forward to having another option.
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast