Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    Top Must Get TouchPad apps:

I posted this in one of the other threads, but here is a list of my must get apps. Just post and list your favorites here. That way we can see what everyone is downloading.

1. LocalScope – While the TouchPad doesn’t have native GPS, the location finder does a good job at finding where you are. LocalScope is hands down better than any other app on the TouchPad that shows you the local restaurants and other attractions. If you need to go somewhere, this is the app you should reach for when looking for a suggestion.

2. Comics HD – I probably don’t have to tell you why you should get this app, but if you want to download a ton of comic strips without paying the weekend paper price, this one does it for you. Like the app describes itself – it’s like an RSS feed for comic strips.

3. Flight Predictor HD – If you are flying or picking someone up from the airport – you should have this app.

4. Groupon Mobile – Hands down the best Groupon app on the TouchPad.

5. VideoFlood HD – Great for looking at video feeds from around the net. If you are tired of YouTube check this app out. It makes browsing and watching videos easy.

6. RoboTech HD – Fun and addictive game with some pop culture humor mixed in. This app is great for killing time and robots.
    7. Jungle Jewels – The TouchPad may not have Bejewelled, but this is as close as you are going to get and it is pretty much the same game hands down.

8. Crosswords 2 – Stand Alone Games does a great job with this port to TouchPad. A must get for the Crossword enthusiast.

9. atPeace – Graphically beautiful and cute. It’s not a must get, but it is well done and does have a nice way of helping you relax and relieve stress. The developer put some time and effort into making this one.

10. Pix and Wallpaper Switcharoo HD – these both round out the first ten. I have them both here because they simply are wallpaper apps. Wallpaper switcheroo is great if you want change in your life without control. Pix is great for searching thousands of photos online and choosing the wallpaper you want for yourself.

I am going to break down the rest of the games you need without descriptions since it is easier for you to just go and download them.

GameFly
    -----
    Quell HD
    Big Boss
    Paratrooper HD
    BeamOut HD
    Smiles HD
    Sparkle HD
    EvaDots Evolved
    Sushi HD
    3D Pool Master HD
    Elemental Wars HD
    Assault HD
    Clash of Mages HD
    -----
    Scruffy Cat - This is a hilarious childrens book that is well done. Made me laugh.
    Curious George
    -----
    Market Pulse HD
    -----
    Periodic Table
    Japanese Study Tool
    -----
    Box.net - 50GB free
    -----
    Zip Code Tools
    Typewriter Beta
    Spaz
    Topics on Twitter
    -----
    Interfacelift HD
    -----
    netspeed HD
    -----
    danh35 and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Does ComicsHD support .cbr files?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hello! I'm the developer for the Groupon Mobile application. Thanks for recommending our app, and please let me know if you have any questions or feedback as well.

Thanks!
    glimpse
    typewriter beta
    moodagent
    preware but you know that right?
    I travel alot, so here my recommendations for fellow road dogs:

Tune-in Radio (thank you sweet baby jesus)

NPR Reader

Guardian Zeitgeist

USA Today

For me, those 4 are huge...and thank you to those of you that developed them!
    Glimpse is very cool indeed!
    strykr_ac likes this.
    I would say the number one app would be splashtop. Run your pc from your touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashpass View Post
    Hello! I'm the developer for the Groupon Mobile application. Thanks for recommending our app, and please let me know if you have any questions or feedback as well.

Thanks!
    the Groupon app for the touchpad is very pleasant to use! Hopefully we'll be able to purchase in app in the near future
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwin892 View Post
    the Groupon app for the touchpad is very pleasant to use! Hopefully we'll be able to purchase in app in the near future
    I am definitely with you on that, as soon as it's available we'll add it in. Otherwise we are working on a few new features that should be coming along very shortly. Thanks for the feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I would say the number one app would be splashtop. Run your pc from your touchpad.
    How did you get Splashtop running in your TouchPad? I don't see it in the Catalog.
    I REALLY would like to have a top-notch navigation app. I use a MiFi wifi hotspot while traveling; it has a built-in GPS capability so we don't need 3G/4G in our TouchPad for using a great navigation app. I have never used NDrive, but if it is a really great app, I would be willing to pay $50.00 for it, or even more if it comes with updates for all the pertinent data periodically.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely NO connection with Novatel MiFi other than as a completely satisfied user.

I forgot a very important feature for a top-notch navigation app - it has to work seamlessly with pulling in our contacts information as a source for our "directions to" selection.
    Last edited by TheDewWorm; 07/22/2011 at 09:10 AM. Reason: I omitted an important requirement.
    Glimpse
    USA Today
    Epicurious (visually appealing)
    Audiophile HD (love the potential of what it could be)
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    Internalz Pro--file manager, very robust, a resized app is available in Preware and works great but I think Jason is working on a TouchPad specific app (don't quote me on this)

Xecutah--available in Preware from webos-internals, will let you run LibreOffice and other ubuntu apps if you partition your disk with meta-doctor (see webos-internals instructions)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Xecutah--available in Preware from webos-internals, will let you run LibreOffice and other ubuntu apps if you partition your disk with meta-doctor (see webos-internals instructions)
    Can that be used to run JAVA web apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Can that be used to run JAVA web apps?
    Discussion in this forum:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post3039674
    Neato!
    an early taste of TTS

If you bought Neato for your phone it will work in a small window in the browser. I just sent this page from my laptop to the TouchPad and it opened, very cool.

I was not able to send from TouchPad to laptop.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    - Neato! (very cool actually)
    - Gemini (fantastic file manager with Dropbox support, soon also box.net and ZIP?)
    - Paper Mache (slick Instapaper client)
    - Glimpse
    - NPR Reader
    - Guardian Zeitgeist
    - USA Today
    - toodle Tasks HD
    - Amazon Kindle
    - Preware

And soon there will be TouchFeeds (Enyo port of Feeder, currently in beta)
    swrk4643 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Does ComicsHD support .cbr files?
    ComicsHD isn't that kind of comic reader. If you want a cbr/cbz reader, you'll want to go with my ComicShelf HD app

Internalz Pro--file manager, very robust, a resized app is available in Preware and works great but I think Jason is working on a TouchPad specific app (don't quote me on this)
    Correct. Internalz HD will be a complete rewrite and upgrade of Internalz. All the features from the current Internalz, with expanded support for homebrew, universal search and inline-search, new intuitive interface, and optional grid layout. I'm also adding in compatability for future support for zip/rar files (if you've bought my ArchiveXtractor app (which is also in-development currently). And planned for v1.1 of Internalz HD is support for remote file locations (dropbox, box.net, and hopefully network samba shares). For v1.0 I wanna get local file management full and complete first

My current must-have apps:
    - Spaz HD
    - Angry Birds HD (naturally)
    - Internalz Pro
    - Preware
    - TuneIn Radio
    - Glimpse
    - ComicShelf HD
    - Audiophile HD
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    ComicsHD isn't that kind of comic reader. If you want a cbr/cbz reader, you'll want to go with my ComicShelf HD app

Correct. Internalz HD will be a complete rewrite and upgrade of Internalz. All the features from the current Internalz, with expanded support for homebrew, universal search and inline-search, new intuitive interface, and optional grid layout. I'm also adding in compatability for future support for zip/rar files (if you've bought my ArchiveXtractor app (which is also in-development currently). And planned for v1.1 of Internalz HD is support for remote file locations (dropbox, box.net, and hopefully network samba shares). For v1.0 I wanna get local file management full and complete first

My current must-have apps:
    - Spaz HD
    - Angry Birds HD (naturally)
    - Internalz Pro
    - Preware
    - TuneIn Radio
    - Glimpse
    - ComicShelf HD
    - Audiophile HD
    Thanks. I have in mind to donate for InternalzPro HD when it comes out, just used the resized version for the first time to help me navigate files from LibreOffice to QuickOffice. Slick.
    Thanks. I have in mind to donate for InternalzPro HD when it comes out, just used the resized version for the first time to help me navigate files from LibreOffice to QuickOffice. Slick.
    The won't be releasing any separate HD Pro version. I'll be all in the HD version. Internalz HD will detect if you have the homebrew FileMgr service installed. If so, it'll use that to power it and display enhanced support for homebrew uses (full device browsing, master mode, patch installing, etc.). But that's enough talk about Internalz HD for now; don't want this thread going off topic too much
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast