Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By blackfireball5
  1.    #1  
    I find that it is somewhat difficult to find my skype contacts because it puts all my contacts together. is there a way to view which of my skype contacts are online to CALL them not message them?
    in the 'buddies' tab of the messaging app.
    and you can make them favorites in the dialer app.
    I'm having problems with audio. When i receive a call audio seems to work along with video but with an outgoing call there is video only. I tried with a computer also but the computer was fine, just my tp doesnt get audio for calls that were outgoing
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    and you can make them favorites in the dialer app.
    but theres not a way to just view all my skype contacts in one list? without making favorites ect?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    but theres not a way to just view all my skype contacts in one list? without making favorites ect?
    Not that I've found. I was looking for a way to do that, too.

Synergy is great in that it easily consolidates all kinds of contact sources into one contact listing in WebOS. The downside is that when you're Skyping, there's only a handful of my contacts that have that ability. For now, I simply add them to my Favorites list so that I don't have to see my hundreds of contacts when I'm getting ready to make a Skype call.
    I sync'd all my skype contacts with their address book counterparts. Then I just type their name and hit the camera logo.
  8.    #8  
    i discovered something. when your viewing all of your contacts in the messaging app that are online you can then click on the top bar where their name is, then the little arrow and you can call, chat, or video call someone.

I'm gonna submit it as a tip on the front page.
    graylion likes this.
    Very nice!
    graylion
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I'm having problems with audio. When i receive a call audio seems to work along with video but with an outgoing call there is video only. I tried with a computer also but the computer was fine, just my tp doesnt get audio for calls that were outgoing
    I had a similar issue. Audio only works but as I changed to video the audio transfer stopped. The Touchpad was connected via Bluetooth with a Pre2 and I solved the problem by disconnecting the Pre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post
    I had a similar issue. Audio only works but as I changed to video the audio transfer stopped. The Touchpad was connected via Bluetooth with a Pre2 and I solved the problem by disconnecting the Pre2.
    Ahhhhh, my pre2 was also connected... I'll try this out. I'll have it disconnected next time I skype

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 3 using Forums
    In the messaging app go to the middle tab. Open the top left menu and select show offline contacts. There are all your skype contacts and if you have only a skype account as IM then you will only see skype contacts. If you use gtalk or yahoo you will see them too.
    The overall Skype experience on the TouchPad is beyond pathetic. HP would have been better off not including it until they can get it to work even half right. I just hope this is nto HP's idea of a working Skype.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The overall Skype experience on the TouchPad is beyond pathetic. HP would have been better off not including it until they can get it to work even half right. I just hope this is nto HP's idea of a working Skype.
    I second this ****ed off emotion! Hey Leo, What Happened!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    I second this ****ed off emotion! Hey Leo, What Happened!?!?
    Dam, so we cant even say pi$$ed ?!?! Hell in a hand basket I say.... we need to toughen up people!
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    i wouldn't rate it so harshly, from my experience I would rate it 6.5/10. Video calls have been spotty ranging from no picture to excellent on both parties side but voice calls to skype and land lines have been flawless for me. It's really cool hearing the touchpad ring, the nice glassy window pop up during multitasking and the missed call notification. Very nicely integrated, much better than windows pc and iOS.