Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone actually managed to put files on there?

The account created fine and then I tried to put files on it from my desktop but not to avail. It created a few folders, REEEEALLLLYYY SLOWLY but I can't get anything on it.

Is it just me or?
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    I was able to upload and download files (i've only tried pictures so far) from the TP fine. However, there is no way to move files in/out of folders from the TP app. The app itself is really really basic. I hope there are updates soon because it is not very usable at the moment. Also, it seems like box.net just serves as a storage locker. I am not seeing a way for local apps to sync with it, w/o me having to go into the app and pulling content down.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Has anyone actually managed to put files on there?

The account created fine and then I tried to put files on it from my desktop but not to avail. It created a few folders, REEEEALLLLYYY SLOWLY but I can't get anything on it.

Is it just me or?
    Mine has worked great. I just drapped and ropped my documents folder and everything was able to get moved into the cloud.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    make sure when u star to UL the files u leave the brower window alone in the background. that way u avoid any errors.

im with u un designer. if hp can add box.net to more of its synergy services it would be great.... right now im uploading from the comp to go and d/l to the touchpad later... its a lil annoying but at least stuff is getting backed up
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  5.    #5  
    I mounted it on my mac os x desktop through https://www.box.net/dav

It mounts fine but copying files there seems to go SUPER slow and the files don't seem to get there properly either. Uploading through the web sucks because it won't let you upload folders.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    I just drapped and ropped my documents folder
    Huh?
    hey guys, can you confirm you were able to upload files over 25MB? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    max is 1 gig file
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I currently have a box account will logging in push my limit to 50 or do I need create a new account?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    No problem here. I uploaded a few documents and pictures (by dragging them into the open box.net window on Chrome Win-7 64 bit). I even tried an IPK file. Once I opened it on the TP inside the box.net client Preware got started and installed it just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SleeplessInWebOS View Post
    I currently have a box account will logging in push my limit to 50 or do I need create a new account?
    your existing account will be upgraded by logging in via the app.

and nice username, btw
    dankeshane
    When I downloaded pictures to the TP from Box.net, it created albums with long number names after the name of the folder. That was when I realized that the photo & video app was wonky. But downloading files seems to work fine. It would be much better to be able to delete downloads off of the TP in the app instead of manually going into the \download\boxnet folder.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Some tips I'd like to pass on:

On PC:
    • You can have box.net open in multiple tabs in a browser (havn't tried multiple windows of the same browser).
      [**]You can upload multiple files at once by doing this (I havn't tried uploading things to the same folder, always multiple folders).
    • Opening a second different browser and logging in will logout any other current browser.
    • The bulk upload option is supposed to have an "Upload" button. I can see it in their screenshots for the tutorial. The screenshots show they are using some Mac OS.
    • Follow the directions here to add your account as a folder/networked drive in windows (this is how I drag and drop folders). (it's almost insanely slow)
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    In order to do a bulk (or folder ) upload, you click on the little black 'down' button in between the "Upload" button and the "+New" button > then clicking on 'Bulk Upload'. That opens up a java app and you can drop whole folders.

I didn't think it was that slow doing it that way.

Hope that helps someone.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    The Bulk Upload arrow doesn't show up in Chrome on the Mac. Had to go to Safari to get it to work.
    James Kendrick
    Technology Blogger - ZDNet Mobile News
    ZDNet/ CBS Interactive
    Does box.net work for music? Does it have a built in player?
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Does box.net work for music? Does it have a built in player?
    No, as far as I know. Its meant mostly for business to share and edit files with features such as password link sharing. I've used it for years that way. The business price per month with all these features plus more storage is cheaper than the cost for a personal account which only has very basic functionality.
    mp3's are accessible. TP downloads the file then plays it back in the native streaming app. Not great for a quick playlist or any normal use cases imo. But works.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast