Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I think there is a real opportunity for someone to write a simple, clean RSS reader that works with Google Reader for the TP. Mosaic is interesting but is very different and I would rather something much more simple. And Google Reader in the browser is difficult because you can only scroll so much before it wobbles or picks up the whole screen and no longer allows you to just scroll in the right column.

I'd gladly pay for something like a full-size version of Scoop, where the feeds are organized in folders and you can just move left/right between items.
    IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.
    I whole heartedly agree! Feeds or Scoop or even Flipbook...I need something better than Mosaic or the full Google Reader. I would settle for the iPad version of Google Reader anyone knows the url.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I whole heartedly agree! Feeds or Scoop or even Flipbook...I need something better than Mosaic or the full Google Reader. I would settle for the iPad version of Google Reader anyone knows the url.
    Google's mobile reader is here:

http://www.google.com/reader/i/
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Thanks. That does help. I would still pay for a TP-version of something like Scoop, however.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I am working on a google reader client, still really early though.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    If anyone who is making one needs help with graphics, I already made a mockup of a google reader client, but don't really have the coding powers to make it.

I don't have stock graphics for webos 3.0, but the grey part should be the webOS Dark theme.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    I am working on a google reader client, still really early though.
    Great to hear.
    I really miss Feeder (for pre/pixi) on my TouchPad! I use it literally once an hour, haha. Especially when I'm expecting big news on P|C!

In another thread (http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...please-yo.html), rsanchez1 noted that it's open-source.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Ditto here.

I should note that Feeder is open source, and the developer did mention in a Precentral developer spotlight not too long ago that he is probably not going to develop for webOS for a while (maybe the odd bugfix here and there, but no solid development), so that means that Feeder presents a very interesting opportunity for an enterprising developer...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew.rosenfelder View Post
    I really miss Feeder (for pre/pixi) on my TouchPad! I use it literally once an hour, haha. Especially when I'm expecting big news on P|C!

In another thread (http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...please-yo.html), rsanchez1 noted that it's open-source.
    I was thinking the same thing. FEEDER HD, please! I will pay big money!
    Maybe I'm blind, but how do you go back in Moasaic?
    if i finish my project soon I will work on one
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    has anyone tried, "Need For Feeds" yet? There are no reviews in the app catalog yet.

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...icationid=9109
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLipson View Post
    has anyone tried, "Need For Feeds" yet? There are no reviews in the app catalog yet.

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...icationid=9109
    Does it sync with Reader?
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew.rosenfelder View Post

I convinced myself I want to port Feeder. Look for more info next week.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Then I will stop working on mine, early enough that it wasn't wasted time (Google's Reader api is weird).

Also, really really hard to find a good name, they are all taken
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I convinced myself I want to port Feeder. Look for more info next week.

Made my day!!!

Where do I donate?
    P.S. The swipe right to mark read, swipe left to star from Feeder is a key feature! I have longed for the email app to have swipe left the mark unread.
    phil71 likes this.
    techtray my app will read feeds from google reader. Yeah rather simplistic but gets the job done and its full screen even tho mojo since tweaked for tp.

prob work on a techtray hd specifically redesigned for enyo with columns etc but time has been tight for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Then I will stop working on mine, early enough that it wasn't wasted time (Google's Reader api is weird).

Also, really really hard to find a good name, they are all taken
    Feeder has all its api methods neatly wrapped up in a single class. In the code there are methods for logging in/out, subscribing/unsubscribing, etc. It's great because why waste your time figuring it out if someone else did it for you and made it easy to use?

I have a nice name in mind, a play on words.

Also, being a poor college student I think I'll sell the app for the same price as the original Feeder, so no donations necessary, but thanks for the consideration. Also agree that left/right swipes for actions are among my most-used Feeder features.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    If anyone wants my enyo OAuth Google code, pm me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast