Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    I guess no one tried need for feeds?
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    I have tried Need for Feeds! Its the best one out there now, BUT it falls short of what I am used to. I like NewsRoom. They need a tablet version! I tried writing my own app this weekend. However, I have come to realize (after looking at NewsRoom's code) that they use their own backend servers to make the feeds look better! Something little me can't do. We will have to wait....
    I'm also used newsroom... really hope it gets ported.

Is there something specific from need for feeds that you're missing?
    News readers, task apps and notes apps seem to be the hardest to design a one size fits all model. It makes me appreciate the great app designers even more when they can succeed in these categories. Having a lot of choices in the catalog is the best cure.
    Yep, agree with you. I had tried all the Google Reader-compatible apps on the Pre, and finally settled on Feeder because it has everything I need. It continues to be my most used app every day. My opinion is that no other Google Reader app on the Pre even comes close to Feeder.
    Just as a FYI,

I bit the bullet and bought "Need for Feeds!" and love it. It doesn't have google reader support (from what I can see), but it's fast and more user-friendly than mosaic.

So for anyone else who doesn't depend on google reader, it's a great option.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Just as a FYI,

I bit the bullet and bought "Need for Feeds!" and love it. It doesn't have google reader support (from what I can see), but it's fast and more user-friendly than mosaic.

So for anyone else who doesn't depend on google reader, it's a great option.
    Thanks for the micro review, dude. I guess I'll take the plunge and see if I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I convinced myself I want to port Feeder. Look for more info next week.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    (thank you)^1000
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    I guess no one tried need for feeds?
    I bought it on day one. Its a decent reader. It wont sync with google reader and I cant add my own recipe blog feed to it.
    im oaky with simple, but it needs to import google reader. dont want to input the sites. though mosaic method (search) worked well and is better than the google reader implementation.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    "Greader" just showed up in the app catalog. Anyone willing to try it out and report back? It's between that and Need for Feeds for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhulk View Post
    "Greader" just showed up in the app catalog. Anyone willing to try it out and report back? It's between that and Need for Feeds for me.
    four reviews in app cat.
    Felipe
    Anybody tried 'webOS News" (in catalog). It's for webOS related sites, but would make a GREAT RSS reader!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    SemiColon apps just made feeder 0.70 available. See this tweet for details: https://twitter.com/#!/SemicolonApps...10115079217152

It installs just fine on my TP via box.net and Preware

Here's another tweet re the changes:
    https://twitter.com/#!/SemicolonApps...10247925411840

Finally we're back in business with the best Google Reader client on webOS (IMO)!
    graylion likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    SemiColon apps just made feeder 0.70 available. See this tweet for details: https://twitter.com/#!/SemicolonApps...10115079217152

It installs just fine on my TP via box.net and Preware

Here's another tweet re the changes:
    https://twitter.com/#!/SemicolonApps...10247925411840

Finally we're back in business with the best Google Reader client on webOS (IMO)!
    ha hajust click the link on the tweet and boom installed a couple of secknds later.

homebrew ftw.
    Felipe
    I hope for the sake of you TouchPad owners that FlipBoard comes out with a TouchPad version. I use it all the time on ipad2. Best RSS reader out there. Only thing better would be if it sync'd with Google Reader.

Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz View Post
    I hope for the sake of you TouchPad owners that FlipBoard comes out with a TouchPad version. I use it all the time on ipad2. Best RSS reader out there. Only thing better would be if it sync'd with Google Reader.

Flipboard does sync with Google Reader and pretty well at that - have a read through the Flipboard blurb if you can't enable it...

From what I've heard Flipboard won't be ported to touchpad anytime soon...
    I got a reply back from the developer for webOS News. Good news!

A pure RSS reader is indeed in our roadmap for this year. Thank you for your compliment and suggestion and we hope to hear from you again.

Regards,

App Support Team
    SpinBytes, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by fubber View Post
    Flipboard does sync with Google Reader and pretty well at that - have a read through the Flipboard blurb if you can't enable it...

From what I've heard Flipboard won't be ported to touchpad anytime soon...
    Nice! Set it up and works great! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    ha hajust click the link on the tweet and boom installed a couple of secknds later.

homebrew ftw.
    works great, installed with wosqi, I HAVE FEEDER BACK!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast