Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
    If you follow the instructions word for word.. its quite simple actually

when running ubuntu, you have to:
    make sure to run in full screen, by disabling keyboard for tweaks app
    I did not partition the drive so I have to mount the file each time I reboot or connect USB
    setup a gesture in ubuntu for "ESC" so u can get out of full screen without KB
    I suspect battery takes a hit so keeping it running in background all the time may not be the best

otherwise, the quality and speed are very good. .chm is big plus too
    Thanks for the information I might give this a try.

This is something that might be the fix for all of this:

Maybe webOS really isn’t dead yet: Developers still writing TouchPad apps - Liliputing <-- original source for me

Picsel webOS Developments <-- what they link to

It is Picsel Smart Office coming out next monght for the Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    It is Picsel Smart Office coming out next monght for the Touchpad
    I'd buy that app.
    look here for a "go to page" patch:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...goto-page.html
  4. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Still blows me away when a developer comes out with a patch like this to implement something that really should have been implemented from the get-go. I performed this patch as per the dev's instructions and it works perfectly, whether the document is 30, 300 or 3000 pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by skadaddle View Post
    What infuriates me is that something as simple as opening a pdf to the same page you were on when you last viewed the document isn't there. That, and searching of course.
    I fixed this and have a patched version of the application that will keep track of the last page viewed on each book you open. I also added the awesome goto page patch authored by knownboyofno. I also built the foundation for bookmarks and I just need to add the UI pieces.

In order to accomplish this I had to create a database to store the last page viewed and my approach to this requires a complete ipk install. The question I have is, is it acceptable to post a link to a modified Adobe Reader ipk on this forum?
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

my touchpad won't open PDF files. Anyone know the solution?
    More info required m8.
    The only thing thats still annoying me about the pdfreader is that its not running in fullscreen. Dont get me wrong, im just talking about the Status bar. I would love to read my magazines on the whole screen. Maybe anyone knows a patch or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I fixed this and have a patched version of the application that will keep track of the last page viewed on each book you open. I also added the awesome goto page patch authored by knownboyofno. I also built the foundation for bookmarks and I just need to add the UI pieces.

In order to accomplish this I had to create a database to store the last page viewed and my approach to this requires a complete ipk install. The question I have is, is it acceptable to post a link to a modified Adobe Reader ipk on this forum?
    This sounds great! Where can I get this patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3FLi View Post
    This sounds great! Where can I get this patch?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3194859
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123