1.    #1  
    With Kindle not working yet is there any possibly way to read mobi or epub files on TouchPad. Do I need to convert to pdf for now and that's the only option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    With Kindle not working yet is there any possibly way to read mobi or epub files on TouchPad. Do I need to convert to pdf for now and that's the only option?
    There's pReader for the phones, but yeah, I'm with you. Just PDFs for now, I believe. bag of hurt.
    I've purchased some books from Googlebooks to support my local bookstore and Googlebooks has an online reader for all of your books purchased through them. It works great on the TouchPad until we get a reader that allows us to load the books.
    You can also use ibisreader.com. It allows you to upload (from your pc/mac) epub books, which you can then read with a web browser. Not as good as a native app (no page divisions), but much better than pdf.
    ibisreader.com looks promising and yes I also use PDF for most of reading.

Thankfully the Acrobat Reader app is pretty complete and works very well. Does not hiccup or fail on anything I've thrown its way. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Has anybody actually tried pReader (either the App catalog version or the "native alpha" version) on the TP? I've read speculation that it displays on a small phone-shaped area of the screen and cannot use the full screen, because it is a Mojo app.

Is that true? If somebody would post their impressions of using that (fine) app, I would appreciate it, because reading ebooks is my primary potential use for the TP. Thanks.
    pReader does display on the Touchpad as a small, phone looking app, unfortunately. I am hoping it gets updated soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by wla2000 View Post
    Has anybody actually tried pReader (either the App catalog version or the "native alpha" version) on the TP? I've read speculation that it displays on a small phone-shaped area of the screen and cannot use the full screen, because it is a Mojo app.

Is that true? If somebody would post their impressions of using that (fine) app, I would appreciate it, because reading ebooks is my primary potential use for the TP. Thanks.
    yes. It;s pretty much a waste at the moment.
    Has anyone tried to read books pourchased in Adobe Digital editions format (PDF for digital editions)?