Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  1.    #1  
    I thought paperboy was supposed to be available? It's on demo units, right??
    It was in the Wal-Mart video, yes.
    I was actually playing the game at Walmart today on the display unit, but for some reason I dont see it in the app catalog

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I was actually wondering the same thing. I was looking forward to playing it when I got the Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    probably gonna release it staggered.... Cant put out all the apps at once :-)
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I'm missing that kick *** flight-combat game that was demonstrated in February as well...
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    I'm missing that kick *** flight-combat game that was demonstrated in February as well...
    That was still in very early production I think. I guess it's not finished.
    I was wondering the same thing about paperboy. Cant find it.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Anyone else see a pattern here with apps that have been widely shown and demonstrated not available on our production models?
  10.    #10  
    been over a week, anyone hear anything. This is a blast on demo units. Would hate having to go into BB, Fry's, etc. just to use a few of the apps.
    This is ridiculous. They are deliberately misleading consumers if they demo apps that are not available for download.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    This is ridiculous. They are deliberately misleading consumers if they demo apps that are not available for download.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    And your point is? If you don't want to be mislead don't spend money and buy the product.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
  13.    #13  
    Your comment doesn't really make sense.

So, I go into a BestBuy (or wherever) , I demo the device and really like a few things on there - like Paperboy. Say this is the thing that leads me to make the purchase. I get home, connect to the network & look for Paperboy. Nope, not listed as an installed app out of the box. Ok, no problem - I'll go to the app store.

In the app store I search for paperboy and guess what: it's not there. Now what? I guess I return the device? I do have that right I guess, but I would feel a bit mislead.

Same for Kindle....

Just using Paperboy as a example - it is not that vital for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    And your point is? If you don't want to be mislead don't spend money and buy the product.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Anyone ever find anything out about this? Played Paperboy at Fry's on Saturday, TP showed up monday, no paperboy... not a big deal, but was in the mood to spend some cash on apps.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  15.    #15  
    I don't think it's a real app. Same with Armageddon Squadron II
  16.    #16  
    HOLY - it's now in the store. NICE
    I fully blame your post above your last post for it showing up in the app cat this afternoon.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Midway99 likes this.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I fully blame your post above your last post for it showing up in the app cat this afternoon.
    I know, huh. They saw the post and just could not take it anymore. So to shut me they release it. It worked they got my cash today