Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    For all those docs, nurses, EMTs, etc who are getting one of these awesome devices, I thought we should have a thread here - how you like them, what could work better in general, what apps needed, etc. Specific detailed app discussions are probably better left in their own thread as usual.

So far the only medical app designed for Touchpad that I have seen is Sirata Studio's anatomy app. It accesses Gray's Anatomy, and does a very nice job of showing the text. The pics show well, but do not enlarge unfortunately. Still, a good start, and nice to be able to show the pics on a larger screen.

The other medical apps available for webOS that I have tried remain excellent, running just fine in the "phone mode". (Dr Teh's palmdoc apps, and my Bishop Scores are what I have tried so far).

Lexicomp seems to open fine in TouchPad mode, but I didn't go through the registration, as I want it on my phone, not my TouchPad, as my Pre2 goes everywhere with me.

Furthermore, the App Catalog has received a much needed refresh. It is easier to search for medical apps now (under References, then go into the sub-category Medical).

Hope everyone in the webOS world gets these devices soon (such as Singapore, especially, so Dr. Teh can give us some TouchPad specific apps!). Now I am off to catch a baby, and while waiting, listen to my tunes on my TouchPad!

(Note - I am not a forum moderator or anything, I am just enjoying my new TouchPad!)
    sadly there is not much for the Touchpad. i hope someone gives Palmdoc one!!!
    Thanks for starting this. Does Medipda work well in phone mode? I can't get it running properly in the emulator as the numeric input is broken, I really wish I had a real device to test the apps on!
    While waiting for the Ares team to port it to Enyo, I thought I'd make some of my Mojo apps TP compatible but the buggy emulator is a setback.
    Hope HP doesn't take too long to launch in Singapore!
    Wow, one medical app? That's another barrier that is keeping me from buying a TouchPad. I would like medical reference apps that don't rely on the internet, please, and not just a Gray's Anatomy. I need things that help guide with pt mgmt
    lexicomp sent an email stating they will be releasing a touchpad app soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Thanks for starting this. Does Medipda work well in phone mode? I can't get it running properly in the emulator as the numeric input is broken, I really wish I had a real device to test the apps on!
    While waiting for the Ares team to port it to Enyo, I thought I'd make some of my Mojo apps TP compatible but the buggy emulator is a setback.
    happy to report it is working!
    I just pushed out a new beta for MediPDA which should be Touchpad compatible - added a back button. This version also has a new Preference setting by Radu Serban which allows you to see the Most Recently Used modules at the top of the main list
    Latest version is 0.4.6 and it should go "live" in a few hours

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...oc.medipdabeta
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Wow, one medical app? That's another barrier that is keeping me from buying a TouchPad. I would like medical reference apps that don't rely on the internet, please, and not just a Gray's Anatomy. I need things that help guide with pt mgmt
    1 medical app that is specific to TouchPad, using the whole screen, etc. All the others that I have tried still work, just in the smaller "phone mode" where they run in a window with a small Pre2 phone in it. Not as pretty, but works fine.

Lexicomp has 5MCC, and palmdoc's tools are really helpful. If considering inducing a pt, my Bishop Score app is helpful :>
    Coming up.. Eponyms for Touchpad
    Update: uploaded TP compatible version 2.2.9 beta. Should be live in a few hours.
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...oc.eponymsbeta

Feedback appreciated from those of you with a real device.
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 07/04/2011 at 09:45 AM.
    bldegle2 likes this.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Another good app for docs - the web browser. Tonight I spent an enjoyable hour sitting with my wife watching Medscape CME discussions on hypertension and atrial fibrillation. Works great on TouchPad, and so much more convenient than the laptop.
    UpToDate looks awesome as well.... the best part is i can add it to the default Search engines on Just Type!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    UpToDate looks awesome as well.... the best part is i can add it to the default Search engines on Just Type!
    Just type is so awesome it reduces the need for specific apps. In my case, I nowadays look up drugs in my local online formulary Mims.com by using Just type.
    haha thanks for the tip. i never used mims before but will prob try it out!
    PalmDoc, am looking for a charge capture app/sw that will run on WebOS. Any thoughts.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    lexicomp sent an email stating they will be releasing a touchpad app soon.
    but so far they are requiring a separate subscription to have on both devices, although at 25% off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    PalmDoc, am looking for a charge capture app/sw that will run on WebOS. Any thoughts.
    Probably too complicated for me. Besides I suspect developers are waiting for the dust to settle on the Mojo/Enyo migration and for the device OS to be uniform. RIght now if someone writes an Enyo app, it will only be available for the TP and not phones.
    But FYI I did a simple CPT online search tool app in Preware
    http://www.precentral.net/cpt-online-search-tool
    I have been seriously considering a patient management app for a while now. The problem is the Mojo/Enyo battle going in HP development land. Another problem (for me) is data backup, access and encryption issues. I want the data in the app to be available outside of just one app on webOS. However, this introduces backup issues. I will then have to write desktop software? I can write a web app on a website to do it, but that means patient info on someone's website. That's not very secure either.

So until a good way comes out, and HP figures out Enyo on phones, I'll hold off on such an app.

It would be fantastic though!

The app I have in mind is not specific to any type of medical field. Any type of medical professional would be able to use the app to their specific case within their own specific fields. I really hope I can get to work on it soon. It's something that will help me out a lot on my own work, so I do have time for it. .

Also, BBooDoc: Thanks for mentioning MedRef. I've been working on updating MediPedia (with all its current features) to the Touchpad, but Enyo is a completely different animal for me to learn. A lot of things from Mojo aren't really as simple and straightforward anymore, so I have to relearn the basics. However, I just wanted something up in the interim. I figured MedRef would do for now. I will eventually have MediaPedia up and running on the Touchpad (in Enyo) the same (possibly better) than it runs now on the phones in Mojo.
    One of the best reasons to have a TouchPad has to be for reading, which is why apps like Kindle and PreReader are so important. For the medical community we really need Journal readers. It has been a continual source of irritation to me that so far quite a view medical journals have released iPhone and now iPad apps to read their content but there is nothing so far for WebOS. If major journals like the BMJ, Lancet and NEJM are so far unwilling to invest in developing their own software for WebOS can the WebOS community create its own? Or does the medical WebOS community simply need to lobby journal publishers to help them understand that not all doctors want to own an iPad and other platforms particularly WebOS need to be supported too?
    I haven't had a chance to test drive it as it is a paid app but how's iSilo on the Touchpad? Is it HD compatible?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast