Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    How to install preware on my touchpad? I already got it into developer mode. But when I try running quick install, error message keeps popping up saying "no webOS device detected". I tried both just connecting the usb cable and also going into usb drive mode, but no luck.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    How to install preware on my touchpad? I already got it into developer mode. But when I try running quick install, error message keeps popping up saying "no webOS device detected". I tried both just connecting the usb cable and also going into usb drive mode, but no luck.
    Make sure your novacom drivers are installed and running properly.
  3.    #3  
    Well the message did pop up to install latest novacom drivers and I did just that. I'll try to do so again.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Were you able to install it? Are there any patches yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Were you able to install it? Are there any patches yet?
    Not yet... There is one patch available and thats it. Not sure if webOS 3.0 changed exponentially when it comes to patches or if webOS Internals is reinventing how they handle the TP interface.

What's interesting is how silent webOS Internals has been lately? Sorli...
    It takes a lot of work to get current apps like Preware, Govnah, Save/Restore, Lumberjack, etc to scale to full screen with back buttons for the TouchPad.

Patches are submitted by many different authors, the large large majority are not by WebOS Internals. Contact the author for each patch you want ported.

BTW, Preware installs the same way as always on the TouchPad ...

-- Rod
    Rod or anyone, how many patches are currently functional for the TP?
    IT does work!! I simply took the drivers located at
    C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom and choose those for the touchpad novacom device and BAM! it worked so hope this helps others!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I installed Preware with WOSQI. It was pretty straight forward. I saw already 4 patches for the TP, but haven't installed one yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I installed Preware with WOSQI. It was pretty straight forward. I saw already 4 patches for the TP, but haven't installed one yet.
    what are the patches available so far?
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    what are the patches available so far?
    Look for yourself: webOS-Patches Web Portal

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12.    #12  
    Yup I was able to install preware. Just reinstalled novacom drivers again and quickinstall worked like a charm. There are 6 patches out right now, but nothing interesting at the moment.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    I am having trouble installing Preware 1.7.0 on my TouchPad. I've followed the Preware Homebrew Documentation instructions and get the "Installing" messagew with the computer and the Pre with the spinning arrows. but I eventually get an error message informing that there was an error and Preware did not install the ipk.

I reinstalled Novacom drivers and I am in developer mode....as I said I followed Rod's documentation app instructions. Any thoughts on this? I am doing something wrong? Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by maggot View Post
    I am having trouble installing Preware 1.7.0 on my TouchPad. I've followed the Preware Homebrew Documentation instructions and get the "Installing" messagew with the computer and the Pre with the spinning arrows. but I eventually get an error message informing that there was an error and Preware did not install the ipk.

I reinstalled Novacom drivers and I am in developer mode....as I said I followed Rod's documentation app instructions. Any thoughts on this? I am doing something wrong? Thx
    For WOSQI problems, you'll want to start reading at http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html for Jason's response to some isolated issues some folks are having.

http://install.preware.org/ also has a number of other installation methods you can try.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Thanks Rod I just installed Preware on my touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by maggot View Post

I was having problems installing preware also. All I did to fix it was upgrade WOSQI to the newest version and it installed fine. The old version I had had showing my touchpad as topaz. The new one says touchpad.
    Preware on the TouchPad.... Oh yeah, let the games begin...
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Having some issues installing 1.7.0 on the TouchPad using the traditional linux 3.0 SDK.

Code:
    palm-install org.webosinternals.preware_1.7.0_arm.ipk
    Returns

Code:
    installing package Desktop/org.webosinternals.preware_1.7.0_arm.ipk on device "topaz-linux" {InsertIdentifierHere} usb 34914
    palm-install: novacom error: err -99 "Command: run file:///bin/mkdir -p /media/internal/.developer
     Reply:req:auth"
    It's a strange response. To try and decipher what it's telling me, I attempted to get in via novaterm, which responds

Code:
    password required
    Note that including -r password returns the same response. And I was under the impression that the new devmode password was just there to prevent unauthorized enabling. Suggestions, anyone? Thanks ahead for the assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    For WOSQI problems, you'll want to start reading at http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html for Jason's response to some isolated issues some folks are having.

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals also has a number of other installation methods you can try.

-- Rod
    So will the standalone installer work with the Touchpad?

How to access a commandline without Terminal?
    what are the beta feeds? do they still exist?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast