Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    So I am able to install the Quick Installer and my computer recognizes; however, I am never prompted for my dev password and when I click on the globe icon nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Can anyone help me. I have tried the install on two couters and no luck on either
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Hmm, I don't remember trying to install it. I hadn't even heard of it when I saw it. Wierd.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The other possibility is that you selected AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE in the Meta-Doctor (which often doesn't work, so is disabled by default).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
    Having some issues installing 1.7.0 on the TouchPad using the traditional linux 3.0 SDK.

Code:
    palm-install org.webosinternals.preware_1.7.0_arm.ipk
    Returns

Code:
    installing package Desktop/org.webosinternals.preware_1.7.0_arm.ipk on device "topaz-linux" {InsertIdentifierHere} usb 34914
    palm-install: novacom error: err -99 "Command: run file:///bin/mkdir -p /media/internal/.developer
     Reply:req:auth"
    It's a strange response. To try and decipher what it's telling me, I attempted to get in via novaterm, which responds

Code:
    password required
    Note that including -r password returns the same response. And I was under the impression that the new devmode password was just there to prevent unauthorized enabling. Suggestions, anyone? Thanks ahead for the assistance.
    I have been fighting this bug for several days. I mistakenly put a Developer Mode password in. DO NOT DO THIS! When I finally guessed at the reason for the "Command: run file:///bin/mkdir -p /media/internal/.developer Reply:req:auth" error message, I did a Full Erase from the Device Info application and viola WOSQI and PreWare installs in moments.
    You can use novacom login commands to save an authentication token on your host computer so that palm-install commands authenticate automatically.

No need to erase stuff.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    any thoughts on why Preware might not show up in the latest WOSQI under the applications tab? I'm trying to install on a TP. Just purchased it and downloaded the 3.0.2 update yesterday. WOSQI recognizes the TP without a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemarshall76 View Post
    any thoughts on why Preware might not show up in the latest WOSQI under the applications tab? I'm trying to install on a TP. Just purchased it and downloaded the 3.0.2 update yesterday. WOSQI recognizes the TP without a problem.
    No idea. Best to ask that in the WOSQI thread in the Canuck Coding subforum.

You can alternatively try one of the other installation methods listed at Application:Preware - WebOS Internals - I personally just use palm-install from the official SDK and that has never failed for me, even when new webOS versions are released. WOSQI uses the same installation mechanism over novacom, so there really should be no difference, but if your WOSQI can't find the Preware ipkg file you can also get it from Index of /

-- Rod
    I'm getting an error when trying to run Preware.

Service does not exist: org.webosinternals.ipkgservice

any thoughts?

*disregard...after a device restart, I finally managed to get WOSQI to uninstall it and did the reinstall. works fine now.
    I have had to install Preware several times in the last few weeks due to me screwing around with stuff.... you gotta love Homebrew. At first it took me a while to do all the steps... now I can do it fairly fast. Preware really should make it into the WebOS App Store as a pay app (as donation). This would make the first entry into homebrew easier. However, the barrier of doing it the hard way probably weeds out a lot of forum threads with "I am in a Reboot Loop, and I didn't do anything ;-)"
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemarshall76 View Post

FYI - If at any time Preware has been installed on TouchPad - In WOSQI the Preware app will no longer show up under the Applications Tab until it is uninstalled on the TouchPad...

-
    ........JC.........

Having problems installing preware on my Touchpad.
    Downloaded preware homebrew documentation.
    Verified JAVA
    installed novacom / reinstalled novacom.
    Touchpad in Developer mode.

When I connect the USB port I do not get the option for charge only, just USB drive or Close

On WebOS quick install I get "no devices currently connected" - reomstalled nova from this pop up again.

Any ideas?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123