Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
    Having some issues installing 1.7.0 on the TouchPad using the traditional linux 3.0 SDK.

Code:
    palm-install org.webosinternals.preware_1.7.0_arm.ipk
    Returns

Code:
    installing package Desktop/org.webosinternals.preware_1.7.0_arm.ipk on device "topaz-linux" {InsertIdentifierHere} usb 34914
    palm-install: novacom error: err -99 "Command: run file:///bin/mkdir -p /media/internal/.developer
     Reply:req:auth"
    It's a strange response. To try and decipher what it's telling me, I attempted to get in via novaterm, which responds

Code:
    password required
    Note that including -r password returns the same response. And I was under the impression that the new devmode password was just there to prevent unauthorized enabling. Suggestions, anyone? Thanks ahead for the assistance.
    It appears your device has a devmode password setup. WOSQI has enhanced support for devices like this and will give a convenient popup for you to enter the password in. There's even the option for WOSQI to save the password so you won't need to re-enter it every time you connect with WOSQI

Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    So will the standalone installer work with the Touchpad?

How to access a commandline without Terminal?
    No idea about the standalone installer; it might, but it's not done by myself so I wouldn't know. WebOSQuickInstall is what I recommend and in the vast majority of the time, users are able to use WOSQI without issue. And if you do encounter and issue, please post in the WebOSQuickInstall thread, as chances are someone will be able to give assistance.

It's possible the SDLTerminal app might work, but I don't have a touchpad yet so I can't try that out yet. However I do have confirmation the LinuxCommandline option in WOSQI does properly work with the TouchPad and will open full root access command line.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    No idea about the standalone installer; it might, but it's not done by myself so I wouldn't know. WebOSQuickInstall is what I recommend and in the vast majority of the time, users are able to use WOSQI without issue. And if you do encounter and issue, please post in the WebOSQuickInstall thread, as chances are someone will be able to give assistance.

It's possible the SDLTerminal app might work, but I don't have a touchpad yet so I can't try that out yet. However I do have confirmation the LinuxCommandline option in WOSQI does properly work with the TouchPad and will open full root access command line.
    WebOS Quick Install and palm-install from the SDK are the only methods that will work with a password-protected TouchPad.

SDL Terminal does not work as far as I have tested. There is currently no working Terminal solution for the TouchPad that I am aware of (which is why I am working on Xecutah).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    dajlol77 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Look for yourself: webOS-Patches Web Portal

-- Rod
    Thanks! Didn't know that this was a thing.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    WebOS Quick Install and palm-install from the SDK are the only methods that will work with a password-protected TouchPad.

SDL Terminal does not work as far as I have tested. There is currently no working Terminal solution for the TouchPad that I am aware of (which is why I am working on Xecutah).

-- Rod
    Yikes. Hope they're working hard to iron out these details. I loved working through palm-* and novaterm comand lines.

Jason - hats off to your work on WOSQI.
    Ok, Preware installed fine from Quick Install. Some other ipk's reported issues, and some didn't, but still didn't show up.

Thanks for the great work!

PS- has anyone else tried Navit? It seems to come up full screen (and blank, I need to load a map).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
    Yikes. Hope they're working hard to iron out these details. I loved working through palm-* and novaterm comand lines.

Jason - hats off to your work on WOSQI.
    fyi, you can open a fully-functioning terminal commandline session with your device via WOSQI

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

i initially had some issues installing WOSQI with my mac.... novacom just won't cooperate .
    ... switched over to my windows 7 desktop and it continued on smoothly. it's exciting to see things still work the way they did as when i had my pre-, now just need some patches to be pushed through.
    Question: I have only run Preware on 1.4.5. When using Preware on the TP, do you only have access to optimized patches?
    Specifically, I'm wondering about whether the "bypass PIN lock" patch will work on the TP.
    I installed via WOSQI with no probs, but then when I lauched it for the first time (and all successive times) as it tries to load feeds, it gives an error that it can't read all the feeds and so I just end up w/ a list of the apps that are installed on my touchpad, but it didn't pull the ipk list from teh various feeds?? now what? :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb777 View Post
    I installed via WOSQI with no probs, but then when I lauched it for the first time (and all successive times) as it tries to load feeds, it gives an error that it can't read all the feeds and so I just end up w/ a list of the apps that are installed on my touchpad, but it didn't pull the ipk list from teh various feeds?? now what? :-(
    Apply your problem solving skills to use a process of elimination in the Manage Feeds page.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    strange. after another hard reboot, now it worked ...
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'm looking for the PIN bypass patch too. What a PITA!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I am brand new to WebOS... what do i have to install on my pc so i can set the touchpad to developer mode so i can move IPK files and etc etc

thanx
    CESantos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by iknight83 View Post
    I am brand new to WebOS... what do i have to install on my pc so i can set the touchpad to developer mode so i can move IPK files and etc etc

thanx
    I recommend that you install the Preware Homebrew Documentation app from the official app catalog. It has full details of what you need to do that.

-- Rod
    Speaking of SDLTerminal, I just noticed that in my brad new TouchPad, under:

/media/internal/.developer/

There sits a file named: com.veeho.sdlterminal_1.0.4_arm7.ipk

I did not download this file as far as I know, nor create the .developer directory... Did they ship this IPK with the TouchPad or did some other app download it?

-Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Speaking of SDLTerminal, I just noticed that in my brad new TouchPad, under:

/media/internal/.developer/

There sits a file named: com.veeho.sdlterminal_1.0.4_arm7.ipk

I did not download this file as far as I know, nor create the .developer directory... Did they ship this IPK with the TouchPad or did some other app download it?

-Jeremy
    You attempted to install it with Preware.

-- Rod
    or WOSQI. Both use .developer folder for temporary storage or app .ipk files before installing them.

Can you go into step by step detail on this process...I am still having problems getting my webos quickinstaller to work, therefore still unable to get preware or anything on my TP. I get the same error each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by cccaldwell View Post
    Can you go into step by step detail on this process...I am still having problems getting my webos quickinstaller to work, therefore still unable to get preware or anything on my TP. I get the same error each time.
    ... yet you do not even state exactly what that error is.

A step-by-step is in the Preware Homebrew Documentation app in the official app catalog.

-- Rod

-- Rod
    Hmm, I don't remember trying to install it. I hadn't even heard of it when I saw it. Wierd.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast