Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to chat with facebook friends via the touchpad app?
  2.    #2  
    nevermind.. im blind
    So that's a "yes"?
    whats the answer?

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  5.    #5  
    you can.. I was hoping for an easy way to do it like on the facebook site you can see your online friends, then just click on them to message. On the TP app you have to go through "messages" then click on a user.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadForce View Post
    you can.. I was hoping for an easy way to do it like on the facebook site you can see your online friends, then just click on them to message. On the TP app you have to go through "messages" then click on a user.
    No. This is messaging. There is no chat that I can find.
    Is it possible? I'm not entirely sure but if it is can you please let me know how?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I know i've read that facebook chat was integrated into the messaging app via synergy.. But I do not see the option to add your facebook account to the messaging app.. Has anyone managed to get facebook chat to work? If so, how?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Just go to face book.com in the browser! You can facebook chat there just like a desktop browser.:-)
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, I dont think facebook chat is ready yet. But I'm sure they will have a patch for it soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Just go to face book.com in the browser! You can facebook chat there just like a desktop browser.:-)
    This is the only way I see to facebook chat thusfar.
    If I'm not mistaken, you can Facebook chat in the stock messaging app AFTER downloading the Facebook app in your tablet from the App Catalog. Installing the app also adds to the messaging app. No?
    "Hello. My name is Knox, and I'm addicted to webOS patches!"
    Knox, no. that would be great though, but i can yahoo!, strange noise i would never make! Wait, let me drink a few...

Stupid, this should be basic integration...
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    if you go to Log In | Facebook it displays very nicely on the touchpad
    bb147, LordSecksie and Vistaus like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, you can Facebook chat in the stock messaging app AFTER downloading the Facebook app in your tablet from the App Catalog. Installing the app also adds to the messaging app. No?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Knox, no. that would be great though, but i can yahoo!, strange noise i would never make! Wait, let me drink a few...

Stupid, this should be basic integration...

You sure? You tried it? I was almost certain that I had read that installing the Facebook for webOS v3 installed a plugin into Messaging that allowed Facebook chat.
    Yup. I tried it. No luck. .
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Yup. I tried it. No luck. .
    Thanks for trying. Not sure where I got that idea.

As for people saying that the TouchPad has spontaneously rebooted on them: I'm not surprised. I was playing with the emulator and it did the same thing for no reason. Though, consider how quickly it rebooted, I am guessing it was just Luna that rebooted and not the entire OS.

(I couldn't verify my own idea about the Facebook app because there is no App Catalog in the emulator.)
    seroskey likes this.
    I think ive had the device simultaneously reboot on me a few times, and I was well aware of why it did it, each time.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I think ive had the device simultaneously reboot on me a few times, and I was well aware of why it did it, each time.
    Why did it do it?
    SirataXero when did you join the other social networks? I sent you a message.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast