Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Why did it do it?
    It primarily did it while it was trying to do background processing of random things. Once during restoring my 30 or so app catalog apps while I tried to also stream something (cloud music or so, haha).

Once was then I tried to install the app catalog and my wifi cut out in the middle, I then reconnected and I guess it tried to restart the download or something and exploded.

All of these may seem like "random" reboots to someone who's not watching/remembering what they're doing on their device, and what it's doing in the background. I tend to watch my activity a bit more carefully so I can usually spot them happening or remember what I left running in the back.

*Edit* By simultaneously I mean spontaneously. I blame autocorrect on the Touchpad... >.>
    Last edited by SirataXero; 07/02/2011 at 09:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I think ive had the device simultaneously reboot on me a few times, and I was well aware of why it did it, each time.
    Simultaneously reboot?

I think you meant spontaneously!

(You might wanna go back into that post and EDIT it.)
    "Hello. My name is Knox, and I'm addicted to webOS patches!"
    Whoops, good point. >.<. Now that its immortalized by your quote... there's no point in editting it! haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Whoops, good point. >.<. Now that its immortalized by your quote... there's no point in editting it! haha.
    Well, okay, but I was planning on deleting my message after y9ou fixed it.
    "Hello. My name is Knox, and I'm addicted to webOS patches!"
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Back on-topic:

I have neither a TP nor any other webOS device so I don't know, but does it support generic XMPP/Jabber accounts? If it does then simply set it up using the settings found here: https://www.facebook.com/sitetour/chat.php
    seroskey likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Just go to face book.com in the browser! You can facebook chat there just like a desktop browser.:-)
    I went to facebook.com and couldn't see the chat, am I missing something to get it to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatzsky View Post
    Back on-topic:

I have neither a TP nor any other webOS device so I don't know, but does it support generic XMPP/Jabber accounts? If it does then simply set it up using the settings found here: https://www.facebook.com/sitetour/chat.php
    Exactly, I was about to tell you to do this.
    The pre supported jabber accounts in messaging, and you could setup facebook chat there, but not on the TP.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    If you know how to edit a hosts file, and don't mind losing Google chat, FB and Google both use the same protocol. So edit your hosts file so chat.google.com points to the IP address for chat.facebook.com, then use your FB custom URL name as your user name.

This is basically how the FB chat patch for the Pre worked. If this doesn't make sense to you, then you probably should wait for a patch
    owall likes this.
    the popout works good, smashing advice ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by brandner88 View Post
    if you go to Log In | Facebook it displays very nicely on the touchpad
    wow! NICE!

added this as a bookmark
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    For some reason after the update to 3.2 I can't login to facebook using advanced browser or the stock browser.

After I enter my information and click login it says Cookies Required, cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please adjust this in your security preferences before continuing.

My browser settings are all enabled and stock as I left it with cookies enabled.

Any ideas why I can't even login? My facebook app works fine by the way.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I'm really dissapointed I don't have my FB in synergy with the other chats
    WOW! Chat is actually working on Facebook, at least when accessed through the browser. I have not tried it in the FB app yet. THIS IS HUGE! My autistic grandson was so disappointed when he could not chat on FB on his TP, but now, since the update, this is perfect!

Thank you SO much, webOS!!! Chat on FB is a huge part of his social networking. You cannot believe how much better it makes his life.

Update: I just tried to access Chat through the FB app, but I cannot find it, just the original messaging which is not acceptable for my autistic grandson (nor for me, actually). Love chat through the webOS browser on FB.
    Last edited by TheDewWorm; 08/03/2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Update on FB app and chat
    super. It was a good idea to set it as a bookmark.

ET
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Just unpacked my TP and am exploring. The link for the FB chat pop out window is great. Unfortunately, it just spins and does not want to load. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    If you know how to edit a hosts file, and don't mind losing Google chat, FB and Google both use the same protocol. So edit your hosts file so chat.google.com points to the IP address for chat.facebook.com, then use your FB custom URL name as your user name.

This is basically how the FB chat patch for the Pre worked. If this doesn't make sense to you, then you probably should wait for a patch
    Does anyone have sort of a tutorial for doing this? Or is a patch in existence somewhere? I'd really love to have Facebook chat on my messaging app, don't care about gmail chat.
    This is one of the things besides live messenger that I'm am truly missing on the TP

Of course my problem is I also use Google Chat so I cant just simply do some editing. It seems like it wouldn't be all that hard to to create a plugin or patch just to add another protocol to the list in this case just jabber which in turn could be used for facebook.
    the pre facebook chat spoof let you still use gchat as I recall. I could use jabber on my pre? Anyway the patch for the pre has been broken for quite some time...
    I read on another forum that a patch should be available soon in preware, and until then just use this link....

Facebook Chat

Source:

http://www.webosbuzz.com/hp-touchpad...book-chat.html
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast