Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    On my Palm Pre- running webOS 2.1.0, everytime i minimize the Music Beta by Google card, the music pause. However, when i bring the Music Beta by Google card into focus, the music resume (see this post).

Guess what, Music Beta by Google ROCK solid on the HP TouchPad

checkout the video for yourself
    Last edited by ASASEABAN; 07/01/2011 at 08:23 PM.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Typo Lad and H_D like this.
    Wow, VERY slick indeed!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    I think it pauses because WebOS pauses the flash player thread when you nav away from that card. Grooveshark does the same thing.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I think it pauses because WebOS pauses the flash player thread when you nav away from that card. Grooveshark does the same thing.
    On my Palm Pre- webOS 2.1.0 YES it pauses, but on HP TouchPad webOS 3.0 it doesn't pause anymore. Now i can multitask while listening to my songs on Music Beta by Google
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    yeah, i just tried it on my TP and its super nice. I hope google makes an app for offline music, that would be nice.

this works so much better than grooveshark does.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    On my Palm Pre- running webOS 2.1.0, everytime i minimize the Music Beta by Google card, the music pause. However, when i bring the Music Beta by Google card into focus, the music resume (see this post).

Guess what, Music Beta by Google ROCK solid on the HP TouchPad

checkout the video for yourself
    And you had a ton of cards open. Touchpad or music wasn't slowed a bit. Very nice demo.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    The only thing I don't like is when the screen turns off it stops.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Hopefully Google Music does offer something else than crap R&B
    Just joking, everybody is entitled to his personal musical taste
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    google music lets you upload your own music too, so its whatever you listen to.
    To the OP and others doing this now: Does playing this flash music in the foreground or background at least affect how long the screen stays on? I.E. if you keep the music in the foreground, does it keep the screen on beyond the screen-off time you have in the settings? If you keep it in the background, does it keep the screen on beyond the screen-off time you have in the settings?

My post here is related to this.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    To the OP and others doing this now: Does playing this flash music in the foreground or background at least affect how long the screen stays on? I.E. if you keep the music in the foreground, does it keep the screen on beyond the screen-off time you have in the settings? If you keep it in the background, does it keep the screen on beyond the screen-off time you have in the settings?
    Yes it stays on for as long as google music beta is playing songs. If you manually engage the screen lock/off, the music stop playing.

Hope this video helps (notice my screen is set to turn off after 1 minute but does not)

~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Thanks for showing that to me. No need for a video on this question but if you have it in the background (for example if you're browsing the web and have it playing at the same time) then put it down for a minute, does it stop?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Thanks for showing that to me. No need for a video on this question but if you have it in the background (for example if you're browsing the web and have it playing at the same time) then put it down for a minute, does it stop?
    No it doesn't stop.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    Thank you for broadening my electronic taste with MIDIval PunditZ ( i am glad your video was hi def enough for me to read the artist name)
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Mary J! You got good taste boy. I want to try Google music on my TP but invite only? Grooveshark is super too on the TP
    Nice tip. Just asked for my invite from Google.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Tested this a bit today, and it definitely works, and really well while actually using the tablet... but I left it sitting with the screen on and the screen did turn off on its own after a few minutes. If there was a way to keep it playing while the screen was off that'd make it much closer to perfect... Which would be nice since I'm sure we'll never get an app for it.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    The Google Music and Amazon MP3 pages were just tough to navigate for me. I just wanted to throw out some props to Napster - I couldn't log in to the website because their wacky javascript perpetually put the popup login window at the bottom of the screen. I opened a ticket with them and got the standard "unsupported browser" yadda yadda yadda, but suddenly the login window stayed in the center of the screen every time.
    The amazon web player seems to be working just fine for me. Certainly better than google music.
    Anyone else has the problem that google music is extremely slow/laggy on the touchpad?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast