Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Has anyone tried the new non-flash iPad version Google just released? It's just an HTML5 web app, so I'm guessing it would require fewer resources than the Flash based version, but I'm also guessing that it needs an iPad user agent to load. I haven't been able to see it.

I don't think we can change the user agent in the WebOS browser. Perhaps with a preware patch?
    Last edited by Toasters; 09/08/2011 at 10:11 PM.
    Yeah, I'm waiting for such a setting as well. There is some way to do it, but it seems to be a lot work and will switch your user agent for all websites.

A decent option to switch the user agent (HP Touchpad / iPad / Google Tablet / iPhone / Desktop) when needed would be really awesome.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphajoe View Post
    Yeah, I'm waiting for such a setting as well. There is some way to do it, but it seems to be a lot work and will switch your user agent for all websites.

A decent option to switch the user agent (HP Touchpad / iPad / Google Tablet / iPhone / Desktop) when needed would be really awesome.
    I would love to see this.

I don't have much trouble using the desktop Google Music on my Touchpad but improvements are always welcome and I think the iWebApp version would definitely be one so I'd like to be able to give it a shot.
    HP Touchpad 16GB - webOS 3.0.4 - UberKernel
    Palm Pre (Sprint) - webOS 1.4.5 - UberKernel retired
    there must be a way to force the site to load the ios page. Maybe by creating a simple app thats a web browser with a different agent or by having it load the content directly?
    I would love to get an invite to google music if one has
    an extra to give. Ravomendo at gmail dot com
    fyi. There is a patch in preware which will keep the stream play while navigating other cards.

I only read the first page, so sorry is someone else posted this.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylored View Post
    fyi. There is a patch in preware which will keep the stream play while navigating other cards.

I only read the first page, so sorry is someone else posted this.
    This occurs naturally for me. The only time it stops playing is when the screen shuts off.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Google music barely works on my TouchPad. I don't know how some of you guys are saying its great.

I can click on any song in my library and it plays just fine. But go ahead and try and switch songs. You can't! You CAN use the Next or Previous track buttons and flip through an album. But go ahead and just try to select a different song from the list. . .. Doesn't work.

Double click a song, does nothing. Single click a song and it highlights. But go ahead and try and get it to play . . . Maybe if I press the play/pause button. . . Nope.

Wait, now that its paused and stopped and this new song is highlighted I should just be able to press play! . . . Crap! It started the other song again.

Want to switch albums? . . .. . Close the browser and open a new one. . . . No thanks! This stinks.
    I'm not having any of the problems you're seeing. Maybe you've got a patch of some sort interfering? My TP is completely stock.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    I would be VERY interested in an app/patch that would allow the ios version of Google Music play on the TouchPad. Because as of right mow, the Google Music website is practically useless. If anybody can make this happen it would be GREATLY appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    I'm not having any of the problems you're seeing. Maybe you've got a patch of some sort interfering? My TP is completely stock.
    I think you may be right. I was previously able to navigate without lag and switch songs. Now I cannot do that. I can only play one song and have to refresh the screen to play another. I'm using Advanced Browser. Javascript must be enabled.

This may have been there before, but under "settings" there is room for a pc and 8 devices. I don't see how to add the Touchpad.
    Just added bookmark for Google Music Beta and it's working seamlessly for me. I switched songs, back and forth and no lag, instant load. This is incredible and what HP Play should have been. Just downloaded the app on my home server and it's uploaded 144 songs in about 15 mins (10hrs). I have over 80g so I will have to see what I want to upload.

One thing I did notice is that you can only have one device streaming at a time as I had it streaming from my desktop and as soon as I turned on my Touchpad, the desktop stopped streaming.
    For those of you that say it works great, have you attempted to switch artists, select a song, and get it to play? I almost bet it doesn't. Because the only way to even get it to do this on a desktop is to double click the song you want it to play, while the other song is playing. There is no way to simulate a double click on the TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmktouchpad View Post
    For those of you that say it works great, have you attempted to switch artists, select a song, and get it to play? I almost bet it doesn't. Because the only way to even get it to do this on a desktop is to double click the song you want it to play, while the other song is playing. There is no way to simulate a double click on the TP.
    this. We need to find a better way cause I'd really like to use gmusic on my tp
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    So nobody can verify it actually works? Knew it!
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmktouchpad View Post
    I have no problem doing this. The reason being is that double clicking is NOT the only way to do it. Listen to whatever you want, go to the next artist you want to listen to, find the song you want to play and click it once; an arrow appears at the end of the song name column, click that and choose "play song."

I would like to see the iOS webapp made available to us, but in the meantime the website is usable.

Another related tweak I would like to see is a way to allow streaming websites to continue streaming with the screen off...
    untitled and sphyg04 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    invited
    Because I like to use Google Music on my Touchpad as well:
    Would you invite me under fbsd AT spambog.de as well ?
    Quote Originally Posted by detection View Post
    I have no problem doing this. The reason being is that double clicking is NOT the only way to do it. Listen to whatever you want, go to the next artist you want to listen to, find the song you want to play and click it once; an arrow appears at the end of the song name column, click that and choose "play song."

I would like to see the iOS webapp made available to us, but in the meantime the website is usable.

Another related tweak I would like to see is a way to allow streaming websites to continue streaming with the screen off...
    This does work, but the "play song" window doesn't always appear. Frustrating to say the least...

Edit: I can get it to work reliably if I tap once to select the arrow, wait briefly, then tap it again. The arrow is small though and easy to miss...
    Last edited by UCLAKoolman; 09/18/2011 at 04:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to pass on this as well at this point. Not even talking about playing music yet, my library currently has a bit over 4900 songs in it and scrolling by album or artist runs like molasses. Not even close to ready for my TouchPad yet, I'll be sticking with my Android phone for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    invited
    could I get an invite....thanks

prc34cltcs34@gmail.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast