Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stung
  1.    #1  
    Hi, New to this forum. I am considering the purchase of the HP TouchPad. I am a big Google user on my Andriod phone. Does anyone know if Google Voice will function on the TP? Google Docs? Also, will an Andriod user find the TP easy to adjust to?
    These are most likely dumb questions.
    Thanks for your help. This site has been a big help to me.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I don't think there is a TP GV app yet. I was playing around on the google voice website before and the only thing I couldn't get it to do was to make a phone call. SMS works fine as does playing back voicemails.

As far as going from Android to WebOS... It's pretty straight forward and if you have any questions they've either been asked here before or somebody will answer them for you.
  3. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    GoogleVoice and Google Documents work great . . . to include editing of the gdocuments.
    If you have GV forwarded to Skype, idk why it wouldn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by davehries View Post
    Hi, New to this forum. I am considering the purchase of the HP TouchPad. I am a big Google user on my Andriod phone. Does anyone know if Google Voice will function on the TP? Google Docs? Also, will an Andriod user find the TP easy to adjust to?
    Yep, google voice is working fine for me (also google docs). Now I probably don't use google voice to its fullest extent but for what I use it for, its perfect. The only downside is you have to keep it refreshed - it doesn't have the instant update capabilities like on your desktop browser.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    If you have GV forwarded to Skype, idk why it wouldn't work.
    how do you do that!
    Quote Originally Posted by fage88 View Post
    how do you do that!
    pay for a skype number. use gv with that #
    kill_dano likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by davehries View Post
    GoogleVoice's website works. There is also a WebOS app - Voogle - that the author said he's going to work on to bring the ToucPad, but no firm date on it.

I've used my TouchPad for Google Docs with varying degrees of success. Those that had fancier formatting had a few problems.

Not an Android user, so can't help with the last one.
    the advice to send your google voice number to skype number is an awesome idea. So now you can receive true phone calls to your TP via wifi... you only can't dial out for google voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    the advice to send your google voice number to skype number is an awesome idea. So now you can receive true phone calls to your TP via wifi... you only can't dial out for google voice.
    Not directly, but if you use the website or Voogle (when it comes) to initiate a call, that'll work.
    For those who say the google voice website works - are you using it to make phone calls? How did you do that? Don't you need to download and install a web client to make phone calls?
    Quote Originally Posted by teagueghost View Post
    For those who say the google voice website works - are you using it to make phone calls? How did you do that? Don't you need to download and install a web client to make phone calls?
    Here's how I presume it works (and will try once I get a Skype #!).

1) Through Google Voice dial the number you'd like to call and under the drop down of 'phone to call' select your Skype number

2) Your TouchPad will ring, answer and it connects you to your dialed call.

Is this correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Here's how I presume it works (and will try once I get a Skype #!).

1) Through Google Voice dial the number you'd like to call and under the drop down of 'phone to call' select your Skype number

2) Your TouchPad will ring, answer and it connects you to your dialed call.

Is this correct?
    That is how it'd work on the TP.
    Google Voice doesn't work on the TouchPad. At least not the one embedded within GMail.

It needs a specific plugin for it to be able to make calls. As far as I know, this plugin has only been programmed for i686 not for Armv7 (processor in the Touchpad).
    it works at voice.google.com. Correct, no not in gmail page.
    For calling out you can make your skype display your google voice # as the calling out number. There is no need to initiate a call from the website.

When I call someone using skype be it on windows, android or webOS it always displays my GV number.

I forget how I did it, but it is an official solution from Skype, not a hack.

http://lifehacker.com/5527273/set-go...kype-caller-id