Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
    HBO works fir me with Comcast but I can't pause or skip the video.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrusuelas View Post
    I seem to be trapped at the same place as you. I have comcast/infinity and subscribe to HBO. I am able to watch via the dedicated HBO Go program on my Android phone (HTC Thunderbolt) but can't get the web-based version on the TP to work. I was able to get to the comcast/infinity log-in screen (and clicked remember me), and into the main HBO Go page, but once I try to select a movie, it seems to hang. One time it did get past the circling icon, but it asked me to log in. And doesn't let me get past this point.

Oh, and btw, my TP is stock, with the latest OS version.
    And... now it works. I was able to choose a movie, it prompted me for my user name and password, and the movie started up. I am hoping this time it saves my log-in info and will be able to start up movies without a hitch.

The movie looks great on the TP, sounds great (I usually use my Monster blue tooth speaker when I watch on my phone... no need with the TP's own speakers).
    I am having the same issue :/

How did you fix yours? Here's a video on what the problem is

I tried resetting, deleting cookies and cache, turning it on and off but nothing. I've had my touchpad for 2 weeks now and scrolling thru hbogo never worked :|
    I just doctored my tp, so before adding in all the preware stuff and patches, thought I would try hbogo again. This time I had a little more success.

My problem has been that I keep getting bumped out of hbogo. The site does not retain my sign in status, so I am required to go back to the Comcast xfinity sign in page again to use hbogo. This still happens, but not as much.

This time I checked off the "remember me" box when signing into Comcast's x-finity login page. I'm not sure if this helped or not.
    In hbogo I still got bumped out when trying to play a specific Big Love series episode, but after logging back in to xfinity again for the second time, this automatically returned me to hbogo and loaded the episode I chose and let me watch it.

I've got a wireless G router, but have an N router on order to see if it helps. Not sure if the delay time in loading hbogo selections have something to do with getting bumped out.

I changed my DNS server from the Comcast defaults to 8.8.8.8 and 199.45.32.38, on both my router and under the touchpad's wireless settings. This makes browsing a little more responsive for me. You can find your optimum dns servers here
    namebench - Open-source DNS Benchmark Utility - Google Project Hosting
    Quote Originally Posted by lythis2002 View Post
    I am having the same issue :/

How did you fix yours? Here's a video on what the problem is

I tried resetting, deleting cookies and cache, turning it on and off but nothing. I've had my touchpad for 2 weeks now and scrolling thru hbogo never worked :|
    Sorry to be slow to reply, but to be very honest, I don't really know what I did different to make it work the next time I tried. And... yesterday when I tried again, it didn't work. Seems one of the vagueries (and frustrations) with TouchPad is that lack of consistency in user experience. I had hoped that by saving my user login and bookmarking I would be able to jump right in... but no, it hangs whenever I try browsing to hbogo it just hangs (hbo-no go). And while I would really prefer to be able to watch movies on my 10 inch tablet than my 4" phone screen the dedicated app and consistent interface of my Android phone makes me less apt to wrestle with the TP. It would be great if the TP had an app but I doubt HBO will put much effort into making one.

I just had to clear my cache and cookies and reset the TP for another prob (Youtubes not playing) so I will see if that made a difference on the HBO Go prob.
    Sorry to be slow to reply, but to be very honest, I don't really know what I did different to make it work the next time I tried. And... yesterday when I tried again, it didn't work. Seems one of the vagueries (and frustrations) with TouchPad is that lack of consistency in user experience. I had hoped that by saving my user login and bookmarking I would be able to jump right in... but no, it hangs whenever I try browsing to hbogo it just hangs (hbo-no go). And while I would really prefer to be able to watch movies on my 10 inch tablet than my 4" phone screen the dedicated app and consistent interface of my Android phone makes me less apt to wrestle with the TP. It would be great if the TP had an app but I doubt HBO will put much effort into making one.

I just had to clear my cache and cookies and reset the TP for another prob (Youtubes not playing) so I will see if that made a difference on the HBO Go prob.
    I tried the Webos doctor but it didn't work. Im gonna try the full reset.

I will keep you posted on the result!
    ... and today, it works. And, went right to where I stopped watching a movie. Weird, but at least it is inconsistent to my benefit.
    Did the WebOS Doctor and full reset.. No luck
    ... and today, it works. And, went right to where I stopped watching a movie. Weird, but at least it is inconsistent to my benefit.
    I have Comcast cable at home, when I use HBO Go in the dorm, it works okay, but I can't figure out how to make it remember whenre I stopped the video previously. My roommate has no problem getting it to work on her laptop. Unfortunately, the speed in our doorm room ethernet connection is slow during the evening, so it's not a big deal. I'm using it with a travel mini wifi router. Sometimes it's as bad as 30 Kb/s, making HBO Go videos very blurry or not play at all.
    Last edited by friedscones; 11/03/2011 at 10:02 AM.
    HBOGO Just Stopped working...

I didn't change any settings or anything, it just suddenly stopped being able to access the site...

Worked FINE initially though
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123