Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #21  
    The problem I had was the inability to scroll any doc larger than 1 page; the text only highlights. I have a 15 page doc I was trying to work on but the page would not scroll. Until we can get updated QOffice or unless we use a BT Keyboard, any major writing piece will probably be futile with the TPad.
    Thanx,

    JohnNL
  2. #22  
    Contrary to other people, I dont have any issues in scrolling. Do you see the issue primarily with Doc? spreadsheet? pdf? or pretty much everything?
    I primarily work with spreadsheets. But i am just unable to edit any field. All fields look like a read only cell. I dont have a keyboard yet.
    In one of the spreadsheets, I have a column for URL links. Basically thats a hyperlink to other documents in the same google docs account. That field is completely empty. Its like that column was never filled.
  3. #23  
    I was talking specifically about Docs. Haven't tried the spreadsheets. Maybe the problem is only w/ Docs.
    Thanx,

    JohnNL
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksht View Post
    Contrary to other people, I dont have any issues in scrolling. Do you see the issue primarily with Doc? spreadsheet? pdf? or pretty much everything?
    I primarily work with spreadsheets. But i am just unable to edit any field. All fields look like a read only cell. I dont have a keyboard yet.
    In one of the spreadsheets, I have a column for URL links. Basically thats a hyperlink to other documents in the same google docs account. That field is completely empty. Its like that column was never filled.
    I cannot scroll in any spreadsheet beyond what is initally displayed on loading.
  5. mcnee's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksht View Post
    Contrary to other people, I dont have any issues in scrolling. Do you see the issue primarily with Doc? spreadsheet? pdf? or pretty much everything?
    How are you scrolling?
    The only way I've found I can move around in a spreadsheet is by using the Enter key, that opens a cell for editing, then if I hit Enter again, it closes and moves down a row. Shift-Enter moves up a row.

    I can move left and right using Tab and Shift-Tab.

    But no amount of swiping on the screen lets me move left-right-up-down in spreadsheets or documents.
    Zoomer > Handspring Deluxe > Treo 90 > Zire71 > LifeDrive > Centro > Pre (yes, still!)
    TouchPad
  6. #26  
    The only way I can get to the bottom of a google doc is to touch the first row of bottom pixels over and over. It is not easy... We should all complain to google and see if they fix it. Or, is this a TouchPad browser issue?
  7. #28  
    Does any one know how to use spell check on the touch pad. You would just right click using a pc, but don't know how you would this on the touch pad.
  8. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by edaneez View Post
    Does any one know how to use spell check on the touch pad. You would just right click using a pc, but don't know how you would this on the touch pad.
    You just tap on the underlined word and a menu pops up with suggestions and/or corrections. Once you find the correct word you tap on it and it's replaced.
    I am, therefore I think
  9. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    You just tap on the underlined word and a menu pops up with suggestions and/or corrections. Once you find the correct word you tap on it and it's replaced.
    Thanks I'll give that a try.
  10. #31  
    I created three different spread sheets in quick office under my google docs account, saved as three different titles to my touch pad, but now I can't open them they aren't recanized as supported files. I hooked my touch pad to the computer and tranfered those files so I could import back to my google docs but google doc does not recanize the files. Has any one else had this problem.
  11. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnee View Post
    I'm having issues getting documents to scroll... is there some trick I'm missing?
    Any luck with scrolling?

    I was in a meeting last night and I decided to show off my TB among all the iPad users at the table.

    Needless to say, when we began group reviewing / editing our GDocs doc, I had to fold and quietly just shut my TP down and worked on paper.

    Not so good there HP / Google...

    Let me know of you figured something out.

    Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions