Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Now that launch has occurred, why is there not a simple list of available (not rumored) apps? It would help me decide whether or not to buy.
    SnotBoogie likes this.
  2.    #2  
    I'll try again...is there noplace on the web that lists the current apps available on the TP? Can someone at least consider starting a list?
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    At this point it would have to be done manually by people or directly from HP. There is no other way right now (maybe ever).

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    OK...but it sure would help to have someone just list the major ones. Is Dropbox on there? Evernote? Don't really care about games, just those that can make it work better. Would be nice to know which patches are available now as well. Helps in decision making.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I wish we were still able to browse available apps through P|C site like we used to. I was looking for this as well. I wanted to see what apps are available before taking the plunge.
    davidra likes this.
    I agree I wish app cat's were more publicly available, I understand why they aren't in this case, and then you have the problem of this being the accepted model in general.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    New apps are being added every day. It will be tough to keep up a manual list.
    Truth!
  9.    #9  
    I dropped by BB and there was an HP rep there with his personal TP they gave him (not the demo unit on display) so he simply logged into the app store so I could see what was there. There are a whole lot of apps that are of no use to me at all (not surprising as I intend to use it for business) and some that appear to be useful. There are some kind of Windows Office-type apps but I can't tell if they have any more functionality than Quickoffice. The guy said Dropbox was there, but I didn't see it. All told, I can't see a major lack of apps as an issue. However, integrating with a complex hospital information system may be as the IT guys will not approve it until they have a chance to see what kind of security it has. That means I'll have to bring it back if they don't approve it....and get an iPad, which they have managed to get up to standards since everyone has one. I suspect this will be much easier to get up to code with built-in VPN and Citrix.
    How many apps are there in the catalog right now anyway
    Unfortunately, I don't know that there's a way to tell. I did a search for the letter "a", which yielded ~4350 results. So I would estimate somewhere around 5-7k total. Touchpad apps, ~300.
    oh, i meant the touchpad catalog. I hear around 300 also, but I don't have a definitive #. It would be nice to have a number for better tracking of app catalog growth in the future.
    The fact that there is no web page to browse touchpad apps is totally ridiculous. Why is that a crazy statement?
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    They should show the good ones off somewhere so people know what's on this thing.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    The fact that there is no web page to browse touchpad apps is totally ridiculous. Why is that a crazy statement?
    This has become industry standard and can be seen across phone/tablet OS's
    there are 4,493 apps in my catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    OK...but it sure would help to have someone just list the major ones. Is Dropbox on there? Evernote? Don't really care about games, just those that can make it work better. Would be nice to know which patches are available now as well. Helps in decision making.
    did a search for you...dropbox is not there (box.net is a suitable alternative). Evernote is there but not as a Touchpad app, so it will run in the emulator.
    plus that box.net comes with the lifetime 50 gigs free
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I just counted 82 games for touchpad in the catalog
    Played Glow Hockey HD against my son on a touchpad at Best Buy. It was full of awesome. Yeah, I won too.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast