Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Did anyone notice (or have found and I just am blind) that the calculator, tasks, and clock built-in apps are oddly missing? I thought my Just Type was broken when I entered 'calc' to bring up the calculator, but sure enough I can't find them. Was this known or expected in a future update?
  2. tostler's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #2  
    Derik mentioned that in his extensive review.
    I can't imagine that it was an oversight, and HP assumed the dev community would come to the rescue.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.


    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
  3. #3  
    April first went a while now so i am assuming this isn't some kind of joke.HP is really serious?Wow!i assume they want people to do calculations by google or something?
  4. totoro80's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #4  
    well there is clock in exhibition mode by default. as for the others...errr that's weird:P
  5.    #5  
    Fair enough. I'll just have to bring my abacus with me.
  6. #6  
    there's a clock in the top bar, but I guess you mean alarm clock.

    there will be plenty of calculators and task apps in the catalog soon. If no already.
  7. #7  
    To be honest, Calculator, Tasks, Clock and even Camera seem to be the less important apps on a tablet. I think they just let them out because of having no time to code them in enyo in time.

    I am pretty sure, that these are already on their way, coming with the next Update or so...
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    To be honest, Calculator, Tasks, Clock and even Camera seem to be the less important apps on a tablet. I think they just let them out because of having no time to code them in enyo in time.

    I am pretty sure, that these are already on their way, coming with the next Update or so...
    I use all of those daily on my tablet except calculator.

    My tablet sits bedside like an alarm clock on a dim display and gives me alarms and shows me incoming emails in summary. Tasks are great reminders for what is to be done for the day, and Camera is doing wonders for inventory.

    Seems there is plenty use for them on tablets.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
  9. #9  
    It's good for me that there's no calculator
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    PrinceAlbert and popologuy like this.
  10. BQ91's Avatar
    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #10  
    Wow, how can they not have a task app. I mean going all the way back to the Palm Pilot there ask been a tasks App (to Do List). I mean the four key PIM app areas are (Date Book, Address Book, To Do List, and Memo Pad). I have been using them since the beginning . Now I admit under WebOS the Task app and memos are not what they were under Palm OS IMO, but I still had them as a core app option.

    I really hope this is something HP just had not completed yet and that they will be bring us a great integrated new Task App soon.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
  11. #11  
    I have a feeling HP didn't those apps so they could give developers a chance to make their own.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I have a feeling HP didn't those apps so they could give developers a chance to make their own.
    That's no excuse. If developers really wanted they would've made an alternative to native (calculator, tasks, clock, etc.) apps anyway. Just look at Music Player Remix.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  13. BQ91's Avatar
    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #13  
    Does HP plan to add a To Do/ Task app in a future update? Does anyone know?

    Thanks?
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    Does HP plan to add a To Do/ Task app in a future update? Does anyone know?

    Thanks?
    Maybe its not on their "to do" list. See what I did there...

    Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  15. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    I use all of those daily on my tablet except calculator.

    My tablet sits bedside like an alarm clock on a dim display and gives me alarms and shows me incoming emails in summary. Tasks are great reminders for what is to be done for the day, and Camera is doing wonders for inventory.

    Seems there is plenty use for them on tablets.
    I agree & these are simple. All on Pre-. I just expected these to be there. Hopefully soon.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Maybe its not on their "to do" list. See what I did there...

    Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
    But they use a touchpad and since there isn't a todo app it'll never happen :P
  17. #17  
    btw, that other tablet from apple, doesnt come with these either. task app will be included in the next ios version.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  18. Hobbz's Avatar
    Posts
    273 Posts
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    #18  
    yikes, thats a big deal. I wondered what I was missing.

    I'm a frequent traveler and often use the alarm on my phone. I think the task list has been around since the first Palm Pilot.
  19. #19  
    I don't know, I mean I have a calculator on my phone, its small size is handy for doing calculations. If I am working on my TouchPad and need a calculation done it is much easier than switching back and forth apps. A little surprised there was no clock app but am sure there will be plenty of inexpensive clocks apps that will surface quickly.
  20. #20  
    in the app cat, you can try taskr and 4tpad calc.

    i forget if they are paid apps.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions